Invasion Barbare, masculin Pluriel soaps?

Discussion in 'Fragrance' started by matthewapotter, Jun 21, 2019.

first post after lurking around for quite awhile...gotten lots of great info here so thanks everyone!
    I’m a fraghead turned wetshaver and have been on the search for soaps that smell like some of my favorites - specifically MFK masculin Pluriel, MDCI Invasion Barbare and Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks again!

1. Polarbeard

Polarbeard Contributor Ambassador

Use the most scent neutral top quality soap you can find so that it doesn't interfere with your favourite scents.

2. I haven't come across any soaps that smell similar to the fragrances you mentioned. I know Penhaligon's makes, or made at one time, a Sartorial soap. That is the closest in the scent department to IB and MP. Check out trythatsoap.com. You can get note breakdowns for most soaps which may give you a clue as to what they smell like. Some of the artisan soap makers make clones of popular fragrances, so you could always reach out to them and see if they will create one. Stirling and Declaration Grooming come to mind, but there are others as well.

3. There are few artisans who make soaps after Dior Sauvage. One of them is PAA in the new CK6 base.