What's new

Introductions.

Wanted to introduce myself to the group. I've been wet shaving for about a year, so I'm not a complete noob. But, I'm still learning on every shave. My first razor was a Edwin Jagger DE89 which was a great learning razor for me. And just yesterday I received a Gillette Tech Fat Handle with the triangle cuts, from which I understand would make it pre war. I shaved with it for the first time today and found it to be a completely different, but still a BBS satisfying shave.

I'm still playing with learning my favorite blades and what not. So far Sharks are most satisfying for me. Feathers are nice, but a bit TOO aggressive.

Brushes...Yeah. I've been using a cheap one that is 'ok' at best and is shedding like crazy. Little $10 jobbie. I am looking for a few 'upgrades'.

I've not messed around with too much in the soap realm yet and am still finding what I like. For most of the past year I've just been using a puck that came with a wood bowl I got for my birthday. Decent soap, but I didn't love it. I've been using Madame Scodioli stuff very recently which I quite like.

My goals over the next year or two is to collect a razor from each decade. :) Not only do I like wet shaving for the awesome shave, but also because of the beauty of the tools.

And that's about for me. I've been a member for quite some time but never posted and have just been absorbing the knowledge that oozes from this forum. :)

Welcome. You have done your homework. I read this daily, and am constantly amazed by what info is shared. It is always interesting, often entertaining, and always informative.

Well, I think I'm getting RAD...I just won a 66' Super Speed Flare Tip to go along with the other 2.

Or I can just consider it another notch on my belt to have a razor from each decade. :)

Top Bottom