What's new

Introductions

Hi All,

Here is a quick introduction to you all as i will no doubt require the help of you folks as I venture from DE to Straights.

I have been DE shaving for between 18 months and 2 years, and can get a superb shave with minimum fuss. When i started out it was a 30 minutes to get a good shave job, which was my time. Now i can get the same results in about 10 minutes, which is great in a rush however i figure straights require more time and so will allow me this time back! Plus i like the idea of learning a bit of a lost art.

I have a Timor hamburg Ring 5/8 razor, and a Neil Miller strop, with a honing setup from 1k through to 12k as i want to take my time to learn blade maintenance and restoration too, as its part of the fun!

The next bit im after is a second hand Filly strop and a gold dollar razor or other cheap razor to practice honing and stropping with (if anyone has any to trade for?)

Hope to get to know you all along the way, cheers!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Sounds like you have everything you need to get started!

Good luck in your journey! It will take you some time to get used to shave with a straight. However, the 'shaving time' will go down as you get more experience.

Hi Nick,

Good luck with your journey. Try to master the straight razor first before trying to trim down the shaving time. Shaving with a straight in a hurry is not a good idea. Take your time.

Top Bottom