What's new

introduction

Hi i wanted to introduce myself.
I am Mathieu and i have been wet shaving since the age of 15. Last year december i switched from cardridge razors to a DE razor, more from environmental reasons than skin problems. I had ingrown hairs every now and then, and that stopped. Shaving with DE went so well that i am now shaving daily instead of twice a week.
I have a rockwell 6s razor and love it. I started with a Feather popular, which worked well but found it to light and mild. Also replaced my starting brush (bluebeard) for a razorock monster 26mm plissoft. And extenned the soap collection from 1 tube of proraso red to 2 MdC soaps, 4 Stirling soaps and a few samples, and recently won a few TFS soaps. I really enjoy the post shave feel of the Stirling soaps, unfortunatly since i live in the Netherlands a little expensive to purchase.
I tried several blades like Rockwell (dislike), Astra sp (dislike), Voskhod (really like it), Personna (excellent) and wilkinson sword (fine).

Welcome to B&B.
Try a few more blades from the St Petersburg stable and at some point return to the Astra SP. Connaught shaving do a nice 40 blade Gillette sampler.

Welcome to B&B and congrats!

Judging by your blade preferences, you're gonna LOVE the Feather blades.

I'd recommend trying the Feather blade with your Rockwell 6s with plate 2.

Welcome to B&B Mathieu. I live in the UK and so many of the great products from the US can work out to be expensive here as well. Connaught Shaving is worth checking out. Alas, no Stirling but lots of other good shaving supplies, good shipping rates and a very good reputation amongst B&B members.

Welcome to the forum @Mathieu76.
I love my 6S too - I’ve had superb shaves on plate 4 with Feather, Permasharp, and Nacet blades. I’m also a fan of the Voskhod, but haven’t tried them in the 6s yet.

Happy shaving!

Top Bottom