What's new

Introducing the Gillette TRAC II

I was blessed to find a NOS Trac II still in a retail plastic sleeve. I started using the Trac II back in the 70's when it hit the market with much fanfare. Prior to that I cut my teeth on my dads Schick Injector. The T-2 served me well during a military stint and throughout my working years. It was just plain easy to use and it worked well. As the multi-blade wars escalated I saw no need to move up to more blades although I did get a sample (in the mail) of a Mach 3 and I would rate it as slightly superior to the T-2. Now I only use my T-2 when I travel and on occasion for sentimental reasons. My NOS T-2 now resides in my vintage collection with it's ancestors.

IMG_3933-COLLAGE.jpg

I love my deluxe! It’s super 70’s style and the case looks awesome on a hotel sink:) I use mine for travel with vintage NOS Trac II carts.

Those Deluxe cases are full of style. I wouldn't mind owning one, maybe if I run across one way below market value I'll snap it up. Right now I have a very battered Deluxe handle alone without its case, and a nice standard from 1978 (it's datestamped X2) in its case with its OEM cartridges. Seems like these are harder to find than the Deluxes, but I only paid $15 for this and it came with an additional whole 5-pack of OEM cartridges. I know the razor was used at least once, because it has a real cartridge in it instead of a blank.

tracii.jpg

Top Bottom