What's new

Introducing the FURASO - Proraso Green and Furbo Vintage Blu combo!

I really love blue/menthol/eucalyptus aftershaves and recently got the Italian splash Furbo Vintage Blu which alledgedly is the best current hommage to the old Floid Blu.

I really like the Furbo and it is quickly becoming a staple in my rotation, also because it has the best postshave feel I ever felt in an alcohol aftershave.

However, it also has (to me) a quite distinct ‘hospital alcohol’ scent right upon application which I did not care for initially. So today I tried for fun to mix it with Proraso Green, another top favorit of mine. And it just smells great!

So now I have made myself a 50/50 Northstonehill Furaso blend of the two - look forward to use this very first personal splash mix of mine.

Happy shaves, all :a14:

Thanks! - It definitely has got me thinking about mixing other splashes too. Next up will be a mix between the Ice Blue Aqua Velva and the Furbo - or maybe Pitralon Classic with Proraso Green? - This is fun :)

Last edited:
I recently saw "Furbo" shaving soaps/after shaves came on sale, I am not familiar with that brand at all more over, its package appearance design does not inspire any confidence to new buyers. After "Northstonehill" mentioning a scent like a "hospital alcohol". Now that is a real YUCK! :)
I'd better stay away from that brand.

I recently saw "Furbo" shaving soaps/after shaves came on sale, I am not familiar with that brand at all more over, its package appearance design does not inspire any confidence to new buyers. After "Northstonehill" mentioning a scent like a "hospital alcohol". Now that is a real YUCK! :)
I'd better stay away from that brand.

Well, I still really like it :)

Thanks for revealing the real scent of the product which I was interested in but now I got a realistic picture that this product is not of my taste :)

If Marco says it is the most faithful product out there to Floid Blue (and he does) then it is. That being the case, it's worth trying...Italian Barber just got it in stock today and I will be placing an order (so I can keep my stash of 4 bottles of Floid Blue intact).

If Marco says it is the most faithful product out there to Floid Blue (and he does) then it is. That being the case, it's worth trying...Italian Barber just got it in stock today and I will be placing an order (so I can keep my stash of 4 bottles of Floid Blue intact).

You won’t regret it - I really like mine!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy

:thumbup1:

I really love blue/menthol/eucalyptus aftershaves and recently got the Italian splash Furbo Vintage Blu which alledgedly is the best current hommage to the old Floid Blu.

I really like the Furbo and it is quickly becoming a staple in my rotation, also because it has the best postshave feel I ever felt in an alcohol aftershave.

However, it also has (to me) a quite distinct ‘hospital alcohol’ scent right upon application which I did not care for initially. So today I tried for fun to mix it with Proraso Green, another top favorit of mine. And it just smells great!

So now I have made myself a 50/50 Northstonehill Furaso blend of the two - look forward to use this very first personal splash mix of mine.

Happy shaves, all :a14:

‘...hospital alcohol...’ Great description, but something that does not bring up fond memories!! :a21:

Sounds like a good solution!

Top Bottom