What's new

Introducing the Blackland Era - 100% stainless steel. 3D printed. $75

Worry not, friends! Era production is going smoothly we now have a lot of Eras at Blackland HQ now and we're just waiting another shipment before announcing the launch date. We'll likely do a very short pre-order in the next couple weeks and expect to be fully stocked and shipping end of Jan or beginning of Feb. The original plan was to launch with a smaller quantity which we could have done in Dec, but I think it's better to wait another month and build up more inventory which will make for a smoother and more enjoyable launch for our customers.
Thanks for the update Shane. Watching your live stream right now that you did 2 months ago with IAMCDB and getting caught up to speed. Can’t wait for the new year and the new ERA!!!

Thanks for the update Shane. Watching your live stream right now that you did 2 months ago with IAMCDB and getting caught up to speed. Can’t wait for the new year and the new ERA!!!

Ah yea that was a fun one! Thanks for watching. It should be an exciting launch. I’ve been using an Era almost exclusively for most of the last year and I can’t wait to share it with the shaving world. <3

Happy New Year!

Worry not, friends! Era production is going smoothly we now have a lot of Eras at Blackland HQ now and we're just waiting another shipment before announcing the launch date. We'll likely do a very short pre-order in the next couple weeks and expect to be fully stocked and shipping end of Jan or beginning of Feb. The original plan was to launch with a smaller quantity which we could have done in Dec, but I think it's better to wait another month and build up more inventory which will make for a smoother and more enjoyable launch for our customers.
I am definitely in for one👍

L5 is the closest, but none are very similar to the Blackbird geometry. Overall the Era is milder and geared toward less experienced shavers. The only way to get the Blackbird experience is with a Blackbird.
I was not looking to duplicate the Blackbird shave just curious as to which plate or plates would be the most efficient as compared to the Blackbird.

I have a Blackbird, and yes it is different from any other efficient razor.

The Performance chart on the Blackland Era webpage is a great idea. It allows you to pick plate levels and gives a breakdown on performance. Hopefully they offer a shorter handle than 89 mm in the future. Preorders start on January 28th at 10:00 a.m. Pacific time.

And before the Feb GRUME? :lemo:
I am tempted just for that reason! But like you said earlier, the initial impulse has waned, escpecially with the Overlander from Karve just arriving Monday. I don't want to repeat my Christopher Bradley experience of trying bunches of plates and then selling off bunches. I would like to wait for reviews and make a better initial purchase. But. It is almost pre-order time!!

Top Bottom