What's new

Introducing the Blackland Era - 100% stainless steel. 3D printed. $75

It’ll be tough. Proprietary tech from our partner 3DEO is the only way to make parts like this currently and Blackland has exclusively. So they’ll have to invent their own printing process if they want to replicate this.
Proprietary Tech, hybrid manufacturing combining 3D printing and CNC, Blackland Razors designed...I’m in nerd heaven! @Blackland Razors any chance in the future to tour the design/manufacturing facility? It would be very cool to see the process, machinery, and craftsman/craftswomen creating cutting edge products.

Proprietary Tech, hybrid manufacturing combining 3D printing and CNC, Blackland Razors designed...I’m in nerd heaven! @Blackland Razors any chance in the future to tour the design/manufacturing facility? It would be very cool to see the process, machinery, and craftsman/craftswomen creating cutting edge products.

Probably not, but you can certainly ask 3DEO! They’re in LA and they’re the coolest people around. We do have some production footage coming soon.

Can you comment on the coating? Why the black? is an uncoated version in the plan?

More on the finish later. But to answer your questions, black is just awesome. The finish also improves glide and corrosion resistance a bit. Better performance and better looks. Win/win.
Uncoated is definitely possible, but there are no plans for it currently.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It’ll be tough. Proprietary tech from our partner 3DEO is the only way to make parts like this currently and Blackland has exclusively. So they’ll have to invent their own printing process if they want to replicate this.
Well color (colour for those folks that like extra unnecessary letters!) me impressed!

You had me at

Semi-hollow handle for ideal balance and weight distribution

I find almost all of these new SS razors to be way too heavy and not balanced properly, i.e., handle-heavy.

Looks very nice so far!

Thank you! And I agree. Official weight specs will come, but it’s a very manageable weight between the thin head and semi-hollow handle. Enough heft to be satisfying while light enough to be nimble.

Reinhold Messner, the famous alpinist, explorer, museum creator, writer, etc talks about reinventing himself as circumstances evolve. Some of those circumstances may be the reaching of a point where “nothing else remains to be proved” - or would be a repetition of things already done.

However, more often than not, the reinvention is even more difficult than the previous challenges. Less obvious, for certain.

I think Shane ( @Blackland Razors ) had reached that point as far as designing a new razor was concerned.

IMO, the reinvention is even more impressive than the road travelled so far.

Congratulations!

Reinhold Messner, the famous alpinist, explorer, museum creator, writer, etc talks about reinventing himself as circumstances evolve. Some of those circumstances may be the reaching of a point where “nothing else remains to be proved” - or would be a repetition of things already done.

However, more often than not, the reinvention is even more difficult than the previous challenges. Less obvious, for certain.

I think Shane ( @Blackland Razors ) had reached that point as far as designing a new razor was concerned.

IMO, the reinvention is even more impressive than the road travelled so far.

Congratulations!

Thank you! I completely agree. To be clear, I am absolutely continuing to make all of our CNC razors. There is still a lot that they bring to the table that the Era cannot.

But to me, this is where Blackland was almost destined to go. Everything over the last five years helped put me in the position where I can significantly move the needle and have an impact beyond just making another razor. This is the closest I've ever come to feeling mission-driven and it's addictive and inspiring. I've said elsewhere that if I didn't sell a single Era I'd be just as proud of what we've made. I know it's dramatic and I don't expect anybody else to match my excitement, but this is about something bigger than razors for me.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
I like your way of designing the razors. Each Blackland Razor has it's own unique look and spirit that you never confuse. Era looks promising and like every other Blackland razors it's unique piece of art. Will open new gates in this hobby for sure
Totally agree. Blackland is ahead of the game and looks likely that we are on the brink of some revolutionary change in the manufacturing of razors. There will always be a place for traditional makers. With the amount of poster on this and other forums putting up their hand to get a Blackland Era I better start saving. Anyone want to buy a kidney.

Top Bottom