What's new

Intro

Greeting,
After a few weeks of lurking, I decided to join this great community and I hope, contribute to it.

I am 65 years old, retired and live in central VA. I have been using a DE for about 10 years, but only recently ventured into the world of pre-shaves, brushes, shave creams and post shave treatments. This site has been a wonderful resource- than you all.

Until recently I have been using a post-war Tech that was either my father or grandfather's- wish I knew! With retirement and COVID, I started concentrating of other aspects of shaving- beyond the razor. Shaves have been improving and I am definitely enjoying my every other day shave more.

I have also entered the delightful rabbit hole of acquiring more razors. I have been focused on solid bar Gillettes and recently made a flurry of purchases- mainly from Back Roads Gold (wonderful!). I know some folks prefer razors in original condition, but I really prefer a gleaming version!

I look forward to communicating with the wonderful folks at this site- the camaraderie is wonderful to see.

Welcome, glad you've joined. I was in the vintage Gillette rabbit hole for quite some time. We would love to see a pic or two of your new acquisitions from Back Roads Gold. They do lovely work, by the way.

Welcome, glad you've joined. I was in the vintage Gillette rabbit hole for quite some time. We would love to see a pic or two of your new acquisitions from Back Roads Gold. They do lovely work, by the way.
Fatboy due to arrive tomorrow- will post a pic. Thank you for the welcome to the group.

You're most welcome. I think you'll find our little slice of the internet a friendly group. We try to be civil & learn from each other about this wonderful pastime of ours. Join in the fun & post in the threads. Any questions? Ask away!

Welcome aboard. Jump right in and feel free to share your wisdom shaving with a DE for over 10 years. Enjoy the journey and rabbit hole associated with the other aspects of wet shaving.

Welcome aboard. Jump right in and feel free to share your wisdom shaving with a DE for over 10 years. Enjoy the journey and rabbit hole associated with the other aspects of wet shaving.
Thanks!

Top Bottom