What's new

Intro to the Vapors thread

Hello everyone!! I havent been a member here for very long, however, I have been a lurker for many years. I had joined this forum because I am a SE/DE shaver and had visited this site many times, looking for things and gathering information for my own personal uses. I thought I should join this fine forum since it has given me a lot of information thru the years and now maybe I could give back a little.

Anyway, while browsing the forum the other day I noticed this thread for Vapors!! This is also one of my passions, since it has made my life better!! I started the vaping game back in 06, when the devices only worked for a few days before they stopped working or better yet just broke. The Dakang juice back then was much to be desired as well, however that is all there was to use. Being an analog user for over 35yrs @ over 2 1/2 packs a day, I had tried everything to quit smoking, the pills, the gum, the patch, I even got hypnotized and nothing worked?

Once I tried back in 06 I knew that this was really something!! I had went out and purchased another device since my day and half old new device had broken already? And at $180 a piece that was hurting my pocket too much!! It was then I started coming up with my own ideas and my own devices for myself and friends. About 8mos after making my own devices I started learning about what it would take to make my own juice, since then I still make my own juice and devices.

That is just a little about me and thought I would post up in here since I have been spending some extra time in the Vapors Corner. I have a lot of vaping knowledge and would love to share info. if anyone is in need? From my readings I can see that most in here are somewhat new to vaping, one other reason I would like to offer my help in this group!!

PS: If this is outta line, please delete.

Wook

Last edited:
Glad to have you around here Wooky! I'm new to vaping and might take you up on your offer for advice if I have any questions. Thanks.

Yes Brooksie, I could. However, I wanted to see where this thread went before I laid all my cards on the table. As you can see, there are only two in this thread that has even commented?

I am not here to sell anything or prove anything, I am here to help, that is why I offered. However if folks are not interested, I dont see a reason to let the cat outta the bag, I will just move on to why I joined this forum in the first place and that was for DE/SE shaving, finding this Vapors corner just happen to be a bonus for me.

I've been vaping for a year now. I would welcome a look-see at what you create. I don't think anyone would be against it. Welcome to the forum and thank you for the offer of help!

Being new to vape scene I appreciate the things I've gotten to learn from some of your vape posts. I got a guy at work to bounce questions off of and a youtube channel or 2 that I pay attention to. Picking up info here from experienced people is way easier than sifting through some of the vape forum sites. The vape market moves so fast, so if your not really in "the know" it's easy to get lost in the waters and blown away.

A question for you wook, what's your 9-5 that lets you to build your own equipment? Or is it a hobby you picked up?

Like my old mans a machineist/engineer/machine builder, a jack of many trades. We could have made atomizer decks at his job, or down in the basement on equipment he acquired along the way.

Hi, new to B&B, but along with traditional shaving, vaping is my other passion. I started in 05 and as wooky said it was a struggle back then, it's much better now, there are lots of excellent mods and atomisers available for very good prices and it's a real alternative to smoking, much more enjoyable and infinitely better for your health and I sometimes shave and vape at the same time[emoji1]

Hello Daze, I am glad you learned even one thing from any of my posts, at least someone is reading them, lol.

I am self employed, fabricator, welder, machinist, etc,.!!

Hello Daze, I am glad you learned even one thing from any of my posts, at least someone is reading them, lol.

I am self employed, fabricator, welder, machinist, etc,.!!

Kinda what I figured. Your one of those guys who can tell me what's in a bar of cold rolled steel. And can probably program a cnc in your sleep. Skills I don't have, but appreciate.

So, since this is the intro to vapers thread...

In the last month or so I got the wife and I rebuildables, her a tank and myself 2 drippers. We run Itaste mvp2, so I build to 2ohm, as that's where that unit preforms best at. The only issue I feel I have is cotton wicking.

Am I looking for a wick that holds form and is a little airy, like threading a stitching needle? Or a wick that's tight and dense, like the wick to my old zippo?

Daze, actually I couldnt program a CNC, everything I make, I make by hand on a manual lathe.

Depending on your juice and device you may not want a dense cotton, some builds need a loose cotton wick in order for it to deliver the amount of wicking desired.
You could always make some silica builds. (maybe you could expand on your reasoning for a dense cotton, so I could possibly help answer a few questions?)
If you are looking for flavor, you can also experiment with the inner diameter of your coil builds.
Another thing to tinker with, is a wrapped coil verses a macro coil or a micro coil.

When I think of wicks, I think of candle wick, hurricane lamps, zippos, stiff dense wicks. I have kept a long of all the builds I've succesfully pulled off. Single coil 2mm 28g, dual coil 1.5mm 30g. I don't rip and rebuild often. We change liquids mayhap once a week, so I'll just pull old wicking, rinse the deck and dry fire the coils clean. We run a plume veil 1.5, aqua v2 and a veritas. I just redid my wifes aqua yesterday and used a slimmer thiner wick than normal. Seems to pull just fine, I'll need her to rip on it for a few to get a review.

Daze what kinda cotton you using? Sure you can still be succesful with a dense wick in most cases, however you will see a change in flavor when you change to a little looser of a wick.

I dont rebuild my coils everytime I change wicks either, unless, its needed, or I want a change the build for another.

I use a 5/64" gauge rod for some builds and use .100" gauge rod for most of my dripper builds, also use 1/16" gauge rod for some Micro coils.

I wasnt a fan of the first run authentic Aqua. There are also some tips for tucking the cotton in these tank RBA's, some so you dont get dry hits and some to keep it from leaking. There are a few good ideas to solve both issues. Too dense in this style of rba will give you some great dry hits!! Lol

Awesome you are running a Veritas!! Decent dripper, not a big fan of the center post but they produce enough flavor for me to keep them.

Hey Daze arent you in the land of the Nuge?

Deadly Teddly... (big sigh) What can I say? We love him, we love to hate him, smart guy and huge idiot, all before he opens his mouth.

If I was gonna be from a land of rock star, it would have to be Bob Seger, he ran the streets of Ann Arbor. Or George Clinton and P-Funk, for the same reason.

I see, well I am a Nuge fan since he is all for our second ammendment rights and fights hard for us!! Of course, both of us being into archery since we were kids also helps!! Yes he may be a little out there but arent we all?

Cheap o cotton, boy, you fellas really dont know what you are missing?

Let me ask you something else, do you at least boil your cheap o cotton balls in distilled water before use? Or you dont mind the dirty sock taste of fresh cotton balls right outta the pack?

I use "organic" Japanese cotton, really not sure how organic it is but it really does make juice pop!!

I see, well I am a Nuge fan since he is all for our second ammendment rights and fights hard for us!! Of course, both of us being into archery since we were kids also helps!! Yes he may be a little out there but arent we all?

Cheap o cotton, boy, you fellas really dont know what you are missing?

Let me ask you something else, do you at least boil your cheap o cotton balls in distilled water before use? Or you dont mind the dirty sock taste of fresh cotton balls right outta the pack?

I use "organic" Japanese cotton, really not sure how organic it is but it really does make juice pop!!

Which one you using, Ko Gen Doh? I use Muji Japanese Organic Cotton, great price at 2pounds or something for 140 pads.

Top Bottom