What's new

Interview with Tom Givens

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I'm just now getting over it after 3 1/2 weeks. While I'm absolutely sure, mine was mild symptoms, it sure doesn't seem that way at the time when you are going thru it. It seemed like a long tough road to travel, so I can't even imagine what some are dealing with.

My prayers go out to all of them.

Good to hear that you are on the mend.

I agree with the fact that kids are taught not to defend themselves. Twice during the last academic year, my grandson was suspended for defending himself. He didn't start the fight, he didn't throw the first punch, but when the fight started he fought back. Each time I had to meet with an administrator. Each time I fought for my grandson but left feeling like a troglodyte. Our kids are told that fight back is bad and evil. I asked what he was supposed to do when someone hits him. Response: run away and get a teacher!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I agree with the fact that kids are taught not to defend themselves. Twice during the last academic year, my grandson was suspended for defending himself. He didn't start the fight, he didn't throw the first punch, but when the fight started he fought back. Each time I had to meet with an administrator. Each time I fought for my grandson but left feeling like a troglodyte. Our kids are told that fight back is bad and evil. I asked what he was supposed to do when someone hits him. Response: run away and get a teacher!

I raised 4 girls and two boys and know exactly of what you speak. When my 30 yr old son now, was in middle school, he was jumped outside on recess by another boy who was a new student. I imagine this new kid, was looking to make a name for himself since he was new and picked my son to try and do it.

My son had never been in a fight at school or suspended for anything before. When I got home that day, my son was terrified how I was going to respond to him being suspended for fighting. When he explained to me what happened, I looked at him and asked him, "did you win?" He stated, "I did." I then told him, "enjoy your three days off from school."

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I raised 4 girls and two boys and know exactly of what you speak. When my 30 yr old son now, was in middle school, he was jumped outside on recess by another boy who was a new student. I imagine this new kid, was looking to make a name for himself since he was new and picked my son to try and do it.

My son had never been in a fight at school or suspended for anything before. When I got home that day, my son was terrified how I was going to respond to him being suspended for fighting. When he explained to me what happened, I looked at him and asked him, "did you win?" He stated, "I did." I then told him, "enjoy your three days off from school."

When I got picked on at school and told Dad he'd say "Knock the dog sh...snot outa them."

Yup, I had several appointments behind the library that was across the street from school property, like many a kid. That was the "arena" at that time.

1586822563802.png

OkieStubble

I didn’t know you were sick. I am very happy to hear you are well now.

Thanks Brian. Officially, I have never been tested. But I know my body and it wasn't allergies or the regular flu the wife and I had. Don't know if I am totally well yet, but definitely doing much better. Easter Sunday was my first day back at work in almost a month. :)

Thanks Brian. Officially, I have never been tested. But I know my body and it wasn't allergies or the regular flu the wife and I had. Don't know if I am totally well yet, but definitely doing much better. Easter Sunday was my first day back at work in almost a month. :)
Take care friend.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Keep an eye on it. Some have had it come back after being cleared.

OkieStubble

Keep an eye on it. Some have had it come back after being cleared.

I have heard that. I also have just recently heard, doctors are finding out that almost half of positive patients don’t exhibit any fever and that no fever may not be a good indicator to deny people testing.

I’m thinking, why have I already known this for 3 weeks and they are just figuring this out?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Bureaucracy..... that's not how we do it here. And it's new territory. Damn crafty Chicoms!

Top Bottom