What's new

International Pipe Smoking Day 2/20

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Here's the rundown at Peretti's:

February 19, 2016: In celebration of International Pipe Smoking Day, we are offering discounts in the following areas:

Estate pipes: 10-25% Discounts

New Pipes: 10% Discounts

Imported Tobacco: 10% off all imported tobaccos.

Dunhill Tobaccos: Mix and match 5 Dunhill tobaccos and save an additional 10%.

Free shipping on all orders of $100.00 or more.

And...orders placed on both site. I hesitate to say this, but cellar is complete (except for new stuff that comes along).

$haha.jpg

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I placed an order and it showed the box. After I placed the order, it showed the pipe I ordered as out of stock, so I don't know whether I got the last one or what. And of course I was in such a hurry to get the order placed that I forgot to use the promo code to get the 15%.

I'm in too! Scored the goodie box and 15% off plus 25 1-2 ounce samplers of new tobacco I haven't tried and a pound of my fragrant matured cake to cellar.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
And in the grand tradition of spending more than I should, I spent more than I should. I went to SP intending to only get a tin or two of tobacco, but I made the mistake of looking at Petersons, so my "small" order ended up being only slightly smaller than my big one.

I even went down to my local tobacconist and bought a pound of their legendary house blend. Been blended in the same back office for over 60 years.

In honor of NJ threatening to raise the tobacco tax to 90%, I bought 5lbs of Peter Stokkebye Proper English at P&C. I got the goodie box but not the discount. The price good to begin with. I also ordered 5lbs of Arango Balkan Supreme from SP. I received the discount on this one. My plan is to stock heavy (when on sale) this year the blends I smoke the most and cherry pick gourmet baccys (again while they are on sale). I am really afraid, in the present political climate, that taxes are going make great tobacco very expensive.

Five pounds! It seems that BL Santa really got one right!

You bet your reindeer my friend. This stuff is excellent. I can smoke it all day (and I do). Delicious English blend smokes cool & dry. I will plow through a lot of it. PS 52 Proper English is also a wonderful all day smoke. Its a nice change from the Arango as Proper English has no cavandish.

I'm doing the same thing. Price said it right and that's what I've been doing. Small jars of daily smokes and samplers try, if I like it like lancer slices, Killarney, Stonehaven, fragrant matured cake, etc then it's 3 pounds minimum jarred up. It's never going to be as cheap as it is today (and I'm not talking about the sales specifically today).

Happy IPSD everyone. I cracked open a jar of McClelland's 2015 that I put away in April 2005 and I am smoking it in a MM Mark Twain cob. The aroma from the tobacco as I opened the jar was heavenly and the taste of the tobacco is beyond description. I will be smoking as often as I can today.

An unknown blend but most likely PS LNF in a falcon. Taken from a ziplock bag in my regular leather pouch. Drinks with friends. Dinner finished. Music. Good times. Here's to another IPSD from Australia. To the B&B crew from around the world.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Started off with a classic...Carter Hall in a Dr. Grabow Grand Duke, along with a cup o' joe.

Got my order in at SP for some Escudo, Orlik Golden Sliced, and Rattray's Brown Clunee.

Attachments

• $IMG_0004.jpg
    $IMG_0004.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 102
Top Bottom