What's new

Interesting soap...

View attachment 979803
It's artisan soap from Serbia, I got it today. Name of the scent is Fidel, it is very pleasant and kind of a vintage scent. I haven't tried it yet, I will probably shave with it tomorrow afternoon. I'll keep you in touch with the impressions... So far it looks like a quality product...

Ingredients:
Na-K-Tallovate, Na-K-Cocoate, Na-K-Shea butterate, Na-K-Stearate, silk, clay, glycerin, scented oil.

What do you people think?

The list of ingredients is quite good. Tallow, cocoa butter, Shea butter, and stearic acid provide an excellent fatty base. Silk and clay are used by many artisans to provide slickness. Glycerin, along with the Cocao and Shea butters should provide a nice post-shave. Thus, the soap sounds like it has potential for greatness.

Surely I can't be the only one that was hoping that the scent "Fidel" would smell like tobacco..

The name Fidel is derived from the Latin Fidelis which means "Faithful". Fidel Castro might be one of the most (in)famous men to carry that name in the 20th century, but it has been a common name across two millennia in languages derived from Latin.

Perhaps the artisan who produced the Fidel soap is trying to make the aroma "faithful" to some of the barbershop scents from Serbia.

Top Bottom