What's new

Interesting question from my wife today.

Good morning

Just before I left for work my wife asked me what razor I used today and I answered “My Sledgehammer razor”. But then she went on to ask what BLADE did you use in it! I answered “The Gillette Permasharp blade”

Can’t understand why she has taken a sudden interest in the blades as well as the razor!

Jason.
You sure she is not reading the forum posts on B&B that asks these very questions, and noticed that you are not posting? :eek2:

Thanks for the amusing replies! Yes she knows I spend a LOT of time on B&B, whether it’s my laptop at home or my phone when I’m out and about!

She doesn’t mind though! In fact she said when we do our bathroom refurb I can have a shelf of my very own to display my shaving equipment! Now that is her being a kind wife!

Jason.

Thanks for the amusing replies! Yes she knows I spend a LOT of time on B&B, whether it’s my laptop at home or my phone when I’m out and about!

She doesn’t mind though! In fact she said when we do our bathroom refurb I can have a shelf of my very own to display my shaving equipment! Now that is her being a kind wife!

Jason.
Yes, Jason we know she already doesn't mind you browsing the forum. But as far as I can remember she opposes you buying new razors. She just chose the lesser evil. :c1:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Interesting you saying that. She has now started asking me what razor and blade I have used after each and every shave!

Jason.
This is funny..... perhaps your wife and mine are combining forces, kind of a divide and conquer? I ask because my wife has me scared to death! She's been VERY interested in my wet shaving habits as of late.

I'm going to call my life insurance agent. See if she's increased my coverage.... While I'm at it, I should call my doctor's office....I signed some paperwork a while back allowing her FULL ACCESS to my records.... Maybe my brane is bleeding more? That would explain my "rosy" outlook on life lately.... Bloody Eyeballs!?!?!

Thanks to all of your replies as always.

How I've come a long way on this forum since I was a newbie late August last year! I feel glad to be a highly respected member on this forum!

I am so glad I have switched to safety razor shaving. Even the salesperson in GFT said how good my skin looks since I bought the 39c Sledgehammer from there nearly 5 months ago! Also my wife made the same remark about my skin.

My next review will be based on the Gillette Slim adjustable razor as I haven't used that razor properly yet. To avoid any bias it will be loaded with any blade except a Nacet. Also the setting will be pre-selected before the shave; it won't be changed throughout the shave.

Jason.

Jason.

I would need more than one shelf for my brushes alone, I would be saying to my wife you can have the one shelf and I will take the rest of the bathroom now that sounds better.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I just read both pages. I'm surprised no one has suggested she might be using one of your razors herself. Or, I might have missed it. That happens when I read too fast.

Good morning

Just before I left for work my wife asked me what razor I used today and I answered “My Sledgehammer razor”. But then she went on to ask what BLADE did you use in it! I answered “The Gillette Permasharp blade”

Can’t understand why she has taken a sudden interest in the blades as well as the razor!

Jason.
You are lucky my friend! If my wife would ask about my shaving gear, it would go something like this; "Why do you need another brush?" :rolleyes::D

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Just wait when she wants one of your razors and then falls in love with a super crappy TTO razors. This is still haunting me.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I find this thread truly and utterly hilarious 🤣

And what have I learned from reading it? Men fear their wives, deeply. And if your wives get upset from you spending too much, just lay on the floor and play dead, its your only defense. :tongue1:

In all seriousness though, I think she just loves you, and she cares about you. I think she sees how dashingly handsome you look, and wonders just which shaver and blade, made you look so nice to her. I'd take it as a compliment. Otherwise, you better run into the closet and hide. 🤣

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
In fairness, my Bride fears what I get into when she leaves me alone.

Did you know zooming from room to room clad only in a homemade, human-sized Shake-n-Bake bag is not “normal” behavior? Took me a few moments to believe it, too. I mean, I used a black, opaque refuse bag as any sane person would.

Hmm, sounds like you were using up all those frequent flyer miles you accumulated during the lockdown. ✈️

Good morning

Jason.
Maybe she is looking to buy you a gift of shaving gear. Thanks wifey!

Top Bottom