What's new

Interesting question from my wife today.

Good morning

Just before I left for work my wife asked me what razor I used today and I answered “My Sledgehammer razor”. But then she went on to ask what BLADE did you use in it! I answered “The Gillette Permasharp blade”

Can’t understand why she has taken a sudden interest in the blades as well as the razor!

Jason.

Nice of her to take an interest in your passion. She surely thinks it is insane, which it is, but she cares enough to see that it is important to you and she is supporting your interest anyway. You’ve got a great wife. Honestly, the **** these poor women have to put up with from us, and the grace with which they handle it…

My wife enjoys sometimes brushing the lather onto my face. She finds it fun, though she usually cannot resist putting a dab on the tip of my nose. She used to enjoy doing the first pass of my shave, way back when I used a cartridge razor, but she is too nervous about using a DE razor on me. She thought shaving me was rather like the play-doh barber shop kit.

Last edited:

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Wait a minute…

…is it possible the BBS you felt the Permasharp provided with your 39C is even closer and smoother than when you use Nacet blades and your bride noticed?

I read over in that thread you post in to see if the Trumper Russian Leather will keep delivering 10/10 results. Also read I missed @Ron R ’s birthday on Tuesday :(

Or was the Turkic script on the Russian made blades’ packaging planting ideas of Turkish-themed takeaway to celebrate the end of the week?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Wait a minute…

…is it possible the BBS you felt the Permasharp provided with your 39C is even closer and smoother than when you use Nacet blades and your bride noticed?

I read over in that thread you post in to see if the Trumper Russian Leather will keep delivering 10/10 results. Also read I missed @Ron R ’s birthday on Tuesday :(

Or was the Turkic script on the Russian made blades’ packaging planting ideas of Turkish-themed takeaway to celebrate the end of the week?
I believe I completely missed @Ron R 's birthday as well! He's a good egg.

If my wife were asking about my blades I'd be afraid, VERY afraid.

It means that she had found some of my blades, would assume that the one I am currently using is "adequate", and would throw away all others. NO CLUTTER!
As always, true story doggone!

Interesting replies all! Thanks!

Someone enquired about ‘anniversaries’ Yes my wedding anniversary is June 12th (6 years of marriage this year).

She knows I have 10 packs of Nacets in the house as well as other makes from my sampler. What she likes about my shave den is it’s minimalist approach and doesn’t take up much room in the bathroom.

Speaking of which our bathroom is going to have a total refurb later on this year. Now it remains to be seen if I can still have my shave den! Watch this space!

I’m still awaiting delivery of the SE razors someone kindly sent me. Reviews will follow in due course.

Jason.

Last edited:
I believe I completely missed @Ron R 's birthday as well! He's a good egg.

If my wife were asking about my blades I'd be afraid, VERY afraid.

It means that she had found some of my blades, would assume that the one I am currently using is "adequate", and would throw away all others. NO CLUTTER!
As always, true story doggone!
Yes I know this clutter phenomenon. Back in the 90s my sister gave me a piece of the Berlin wall from a recent trip to Germany for Christmas. I think I had that piece of the Berlin wall for about 10 minutes. Unbeknownst to me my mother pitched it. She just was tossing out the garbage.

She’s up to something. Hard to say what it is but she’s definitely up to something. Questions about aftershaves or EDT are fair enough but women don’t normally ask about razors and blades. That’s fishy.

Unless she’s turning into one of us… Have you noticed any blades going dull quicker than usual? You might want to leave your razors loaded with Derby’s for a while just to be safe.

Last edited:
She's figuring out your favorite blade so she knows which blade to slice your throat with after you misbehave and buy something way out of the budget. ;)

Yes I know this clutter phenomenon. Back in the 90s my sister gave me a piece of the Berlin wall from a recent trip to Germany for Christmas. I think I had that piece of the Berlin wall for about 10 minutes. Unbeknownst to me my mother pitched it. She just was tossing out the garbage.
Don't know whether to laugh or cry over that one.

I had a couple of those. I was in Berlin not that long after the wall fell, soon enough that there were no accommodations to be had in the West, and I had to stay in the East. Worst hotel ever. I swear the bathroom slippers were made from recycled truck tires, and that makes them sound more comfortable than they were. One thing I noticed is that there was no way to leave the hotel without a lot of eyes on you.

I lost those rocks in some move or other, but I still have my copy of the Five Year Plan that never came into effect. That tickled me more than the painted rocks, for some reason.

Top Bottom