What's new

Interesting Nancy Boy Characteristic

Hey fellas,

Well, after a week of wildness on vacation, I've caught a nasty cold and feel like crap. But, I wanted to relay some rather suprising reaction my nancy boy facewash had on my flight. I packed my NB facewash in my travel shave kit and when I got to the hotel and unpacked everything, I had NB facewash literally bubbling over in my shave kit. Now I know for a fact that I tightened the top down on the bottle. So needless to say, I had NB facewash coated all over my gear except my travel brush since it was encased.

So after cleaning everything up, I decided that on my return trip, I'd take Nick's advice and wrap the bottles in cling wrap to prevent whatever was reacting from leaking out.

So when I got back home last night, damned if the same thing wasn't happening! It wasn't bubbling near as much since my drive home was longer than my cab ride from the airport to my hotel, but it was still gurgling a little bit.

The inside of the bottle was almost a complete froth, sort of like when you whip egg whites in a bowl. After it settled overnight, it returned back to it's normal consistancy. I'm assuming that this was all caused by the pressurization changes in the cargo hold of the jet and the rapid altitude changes. That's my semi-educated guess..Anyway, glad to be back home! :redface:

Who'd a thunk it?? Truth really is stranger than fiction! :confused:

I think you ought to send Eric at NB your story and see what his reply is.

I have the NB Facial Cleanser but have never traveled with it, but will keep this in mind.

Well, just to give him a heads up on what may be a problem, I contacted Eric at Nancy Boy and his response was that some bottles of facewash do that and some do not. He said that they've seen exactly that problem when people order the bottles of facewash and want them next day air. He said that the culprit is the flip top bottle and the viscosity of the facewash is much less than say the shampoo, so it flows out much easier under force than the shampoo will. He said that rapid altitude change as well as turblence can cause the change in makeup of the facewash, for some reason.

But beyond my expectation, he is sending me a brand new bottle of NB facewash, which I totally did not expect. NB's customer service is just amazing fellas. I had no, I mean NO expectations of receiving a replacement bottle of facewash. In fact, I made that explicit in my email to him. I wasn't upset at all, just puzzled at why it would react the way it did, yet the shampoo did not.

Nancy Boy rules, plain & simple. :thumbsup:

Justso said:
Well, just to give him a heads up on what may be a problem, I contacted Eric at Nancy Boy and his response was that some bottles of facewash do that and some do not. He said that they've seen exactly that problem when people order the bottles of facewash and want them next day air. He said that the culprit is the flip top bottle and the viscosity of the facewash is much less than say the shampoo, so it flows out much easier under force than the shampoo will. He said that rapid altitude change as well as turblence can cause the change in makeup of the facewash, for some reason.

But beyond my expectation, he is sending me a brand new bottle of NB facewash, which I totally did not expect. NB's customer service is just amazing fellas. I had no, I mean NO expectations of receiving a replacement bottle of facewash. In fact, I made that explicit in my email to him. I wasn't upset at all, just puzzled at why it would react the way it did, yet the shampoo did not.

Nancy Boy rules, plain & simple. :thumbsup:

Thanks. I always appreciate follow-up posts.

Top Bottom