What's new

Interesting Looking old Injector

Found an interesting looking old injector for sale:
Does it appear to be worth $30?

Hard to be certain but it appears it may have an injector reloading mech built into the handle.

Also appears to straighten out for portability via the leather pouch.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

If you are looking for a casefiller or drawer liner, it's way cool, otherwise forget it as there are no blades that are readily available for it. It is a different size blade than the modern injector blade.

guenron said:
If you are looking for a casefiller or drawer liner, it's way cool, otherwise forget it as there are no blades that are readily available for it. It is a different size blade than the modern injector blade.

What a killjoy!
But thanks for the info nonetheless Ron.
What style blades did it use?

Ahh; thanks for letting me know!

I was looking for something to use; wanted a 'comparison' razor for my new Nationwides.... and it just looked dam cool.

I don't need a decorative piece though.

If anyone else does the auction ends in ~4 hours and is at:
http://tinyurl.com/lcv7e

guenron said:

Goosemeplease said:
What a killjoy!
But thanks for the info nonetheless Ron.
What style blades did it use?
If I recall from a collector's article, to load the razor with a blade, you cycled a stroking (loading?) lever after the head had been folded back into the magazine. To function without failure, the lever apparatus required a solid (not slotted) blade.

Yep--I think this is one of the very early schick-style injectors, the ones that were meant to duplicate a cartridge rifle (thus the all-in-one razor+cartridge+injector mechanism).

Very cool for historic reasons!

I think I remember He Who Is Not To Be Named on these forums (lol, just trying to avoid another torrent of shaveblog hate) wrote something about these... ah yes: http://www.shaveblog.com/2005/08/b1-bomber.html

Thanks for the review.

Still a very neat design but the last thing I need is another 'collection' ;)

Top Bottom