What's new

Interesting find at Grandpa's House

This weekend my family headed out to my grandparent's house for Thanksgiving. I was pretty excited not only because I got to see some of my less-frequently seen family, but also because before I was really into wet shaving I had noticed what I thought was a wet shaving set on their bathroom shelf, but I wasn't sure if it was still there, especially since my aunts and uncles had been renovating the bathroom to make it more accessible to my grandparents in their older age. Sure enough, this box was there when I walked in! My curiosity got the better of me and I had to pop the top and see if it was all there, and it was! brush, mug, and Burma-shave soap puck, all unused (from what I could tell). Couldn't even bring myself to pull it out and check everything out closely for fear of messing it up somehow, but I thought it was pretty cool and knew that if anyone was going to appreciate it like I did, they would be here. Sorry about not taking pictures of the inside, but I didn't have it out for long enough to take them.

Just out of curiosity, what is the reputation of the Burma-shave products that would be in this set?

$IMG_6248.jpg

Last edited:
This weekend my family headed out to my grandparent's house for Thanksgiving. I was pretty excited not only because I got to see some of my less-frequently seen family, but also because before I was really into wet shaving I had noticed what I thought was a wet shaving set on their bathroom shelf, but I wasn't sure if it was still there, especially since my aunts and uncles had been renovating the bathroom to make it more accessible to my grandparents in their older age. Sure enough, this box was there when I walked in! My curiosity got the better of me and I had to pop the top and see if it was all there, and it was! brush, mug, and Burma-shave soap puck, all unused (from what I could tell). Couldn't even bring myself to pull it out and check everything out closely for fear of messing it up somehow, but I thought it was pretty cool and knew that if anyone was going to appreciate it like I did, they would be here. Sorry about not taking pictures of the inside, but I didn't have it out for long enough to take them.

Just out of curiosity, what is the reputation of the Burma-shave products that would be in this set?

View attachment 705078
Started by Clinton O'Dell of Minneapolis , he had hard time getting it off the ground . ..

http://www.backwoodshome.com/feeling-nostalgic-now-youll

Hi,

That use of Burma Shave has no relation to the original brushless cream, which was the subject of the roadside signs.

Stan

My wife gave me this same set as a gift. Though I've been tempted to use it from time to time, I think it's too nice as a nostalgic set and have only looked at it. The soap included in my set is scented, although it smells like a cheapy motel wrapped soap sample (not the nice sandalwood kind).

Here's what the content looks like (then I carefully put it all back inside the tin, nice and neat):

$BurmaShaveGiftSet.JPG

Nice replicated Burma Shave set. I am getting a bigger kick out of the crocheted satchel. That is a true grandma house!

Top Bottom