What's new

Interesting EXPANSION chart

aaaaaaaaaaaarshr.jpg

Not a shooter any more, but I am not surprised to see those Winchester results. Were these fired into ballistic gel?

The theory, I believe, is that bullet expansion results in more tissue damage and incapacity. On the other hand, a bullet that does not expand will penetrate more.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Not a shooter any more, but I am not surprised to see those Winchester results
I recall back when the lamestream media villified those cop-killing Black Talons, which forced a creative (& sardonic!) Winchester to reinvent the wheel by losing that lethal black coating & renaming the round, the SXT ... as in, ‘Same Exact Thing” :)

I recall back when the lamestream media villified those cop-killing Black Talons, which forced a creative (& sardonic!) Winchester to reinvent the wheel by losing that lethal black coating & renaming the round, the SXT ... as in, ‘Same Exact Thing” :)
I remember that !

It’s a cool picture. All modern self defense / duty loads have been tuned to perform in ballistic gel per the FBI standards.

How exactly these got to where they are we don’t know.

SXT - never heard that explanation but it’s funny!

Nice expansion, but penetration trumps expansion IMO.

That depends. A fully "mushroomed" bullet in the heart trumps a bullet that is a "through & through" in a non-vital area. As well, the demands of LE for bonded bullets are not the same for Mr. Joe CCW out on the town.

Top Bottom