What's new

Interesting Evyap (makes Arko) Corporate Video (in English)

Came across this public relations corporate video in English that outlines everything Evyap, the manufacturer of Arko does, including it's multi-nationall presence, that may be of interest. Key takeaways are:

• Evyap has a multi-national presence with manufacturing in Turkey, Egypt and its newest plant in Malaysia
  • They have a broad product line of personal care products including all kinds of soaps and shampoos of which shaving is just one part
  • For shaving they emphasize their newer foams and creams
  • Arko shaving sticks are still shown as part of the shaving assortment in the video though they are de-emphasized via positioning way in the back of the shaving product shots
From another news source Arko moved it's bar soap manufacturing from Turkey to Malaysia as part of a transition from tallow to palm based bath soaps. From the video it looks like they turned an old plant that may have made these products into a real estate development.

Regarding our venerable Arko shave sticks my guess is these are a really tiny part of their assortment and a sense that, similar to other old school products, they could one day be discontinued as demand further shifts away.

Link to "Evyap Corporate Film 2019":

If they had an unscented shave stick, it's all I'd use!

Not that I dislike the scent but it dries out my skin badly!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Came across this public relations corporate video in English that outlines everything Evyap, the manufacturer of Arko does, including it's multi-nationall presence, that may be of interest. Key takeaways are:

• Evyap has a multi-national presence with manufacturing in Turkey, Egypt and its newest plant in Malaysia
  • They have a broad product line of personal care products including all kinds of soaps and shampoos of which shaving is just one part
  • For shaving they emphasize their newer foams and creams
  • Arko shaving sticks are still shown as part of the shaving assortment in the video though they are de-emphasized via positioning way in the back of the shaving product shots
From another news source Arko moved it's bar soap manufacturing from Turkey to Malaysia as part of a transition from tallow to palm based bath soaps. From the video it looks like they turned an old plant that may have made these products into a real estate development.

Regarding our venerable Arko shave sticks my guess is these are a really tiny part of their assortment and a sense that, similar to other old school products, they could one day be discontinued as demand further shifts away.

Link to "Evyap Corporate Film 2019":

Always wondered what this guy
Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 1.24.21 PM.png

Looked like as a baby

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 1.23.02 PM.png

So, when will the new vegan Arko launch?
No information on that - per above Evyap appears to be more focused on their creams and foams that were recently relaunched per public information. New versions have a modernized version of the Arko man as part of the packaging.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
No information on that - per above Evyap appears to be more focused on their creams and foams that were recently relaunched per public information. New versions have a modernized version of the Arko man as part of the packaging.
Unless some key ingredient of Arko gets expensive, they basically don't have to do any marketing of it, no more R&D. It sells itself. If sales stay, I suspect it will stay. I don't think those folks are riding the vegan train as hard as the rest of Europe.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Let it sit around for a some time and the scent disappears.
I let mine "air out". I don't mind the smell after it's a bit subdued.

To see how long it takes for the scent to go away you can use one of the free radiation half life calculators on the internet.

In this case...The half-life is defined as the amount of time it takes for Arko to lose half of its scent.

Unless some key ingredient of Arko gets expensive, they basically don't have to do any marketing of it, no more R&D. It sells itself. If sales stay, I suspect it will stay. I don't think those folks are riding the vegan train as hard as the rest of Europe.
Agree regarding Arko shave sticks that there is likely no desire here to invest further. In reflecting further the relaunch of their creams, foams and after shaves, with the modernized Arko man, may indicate a desire to leverage the Arko stick heritage and possibly hold off discontinuing the sticks. Just a guess, could also be a first step in preserving memory of the heritage for the newer products in advance of a decision to discontinue. Hard to know.

Note that for their bath soaps they are fully aboard the vegan train as they fully shifted away from tallow as part of their move to manufacturing in Malaysia for these products.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Note that for their bath soaps they are fully aboard the vegan train as they fully shifted away from tallow as part of their move to manufacturing in Malaysia for these products.
But I wonder if that possibly for that use the palm oil is cheaper, easier, more suited to task or something. Are there any main stream tallow bath soaps these days? My sense is that there are very few compared to the number of tallow shave soaps. Also I think tallow shave soap customers tend to be more hung up on a soap with tallow vs someone about bath soap. (I could be completely wrong)

I think another thing in favor of the Arko stick staying around is that there are still several blades manufactured in Turkey and they seem to have a pretty good populous of DE users in that country and region of the world.

But I wonder if that possibly for that use the palm oil is cheaper, easier, more suited to task or something. Are there any main stream tallow bath soaps these days? My sense is that there are very few compared to the number of tallow shave soaps. Also I think tallow shave soap customers tend to be more hung up on a soap with tallow vs someone about bath soap. (I could be completely wrong)

I think another thing in favor of the Arko stick staying around is that there are still several blades manufactured in Turkey and they seem to have a pretty good populous of DE users in that country and region of the world.
In the U.S. lots of bath soaps still use tallow such as Ivory, Dial and Safeguard.

Regarding your last point on Arko you may be right as I suspect Turkey is likely not as far along the path of converting its customer base from "old school" DE methods to shaving systems as Western Europe and the U.S. are.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Unfortunately, even a 4+ year old stick still inflamed my skin.

I enjoy the scent a lot but it really screws up my skin.
I think it's not a gentle soap. If you have sensitive skin, there are many better options. Then of course nearly every soap doesn't agree with someone's skin.

I can use Arko, but I don't think I could do it daily and I have oily skin on my face that never gets dry but Arko feels like it's not doing me any favors.

Because of my oily skin I also don't like most of the super fatted artisan offerings because they provide oil to skin that is already oily.

I think it's not a gentle soap. If you have sensitive skin, there are many better options. Then of course nearly every soap doesn't agree with someone's skin.

I can use Arko, but I don't think I could do it daily and I have oily skin on my face that never gets dry but Arko feels like it's not doing me any favors.

Because of my oily skin I also don't like most of the super fatted artisan offerings because they provide oil to skin that is already oily.

In my case, most artisan soaps irritate my skin due to the fragrance, even though they are packed full of skin goodies.

The industrial detergent scent used in arko is likely the culprit of inflaming and drying out my skin.

It's especially evident when I get growth coming through in the evening and my skin gets very itchy.

Top Bottom