What's new

Interesting developement overseas (Old Dunhill blends?)

Not available in the states yet, but looks like you can get them in the EU.

proxy.php

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Some one got an emailed response back from STG confirming the blends will be sold in the US. As always a pound of salt to be taken with Internet info.

And... the controversy over if they are the same blend as before STG acquired the label begins... a few months ago. lol

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
And... the controversy over if they are the same blend as before STG acquired the label begins... a few months ago. lol

There are 2 general groups on Facebook. The ones who didn’t stock and gleefully remind everyone who did that the blends are coming back, and those who cellared deep and don’t care if Dunhill ever comes back. Then there is me who hope it comes back exactly the same so I can stock up before the FDA ruins it for everybody.

I got an email from a German online retailer that is carrying those blends. I'm just sayin' in case anyone is interested. :)

There are 2 general groups on Facebook. The ones who didn’t stock and gleefully remind everyone who did that the blends are coming back, and those who cellared deep and don’t care if Dunhill ever comes back. Then there is me who hope it comes back exactly the same so I can stock up before the FDA ruins it for everybody.
Even if they manage to make it the exact same, there will still be that group that will insist the "original" is better, and the re-release isn't as good.. for whatever reason. I'm over all in the second group. There were 3 Dunhill blends I liked, and I cellared enough of each that I should be pretty well set on them, once the rest of my stash is taken into account as well. Just over 2 lbs of Dark Flake, just under 2 lbs of Elizabethan, and just under a pound of Royal Yacht, which I don't care for till it has a lot of age on it, so that one will sit another 5-7 years before I even crack one of those tins.

You Gents are describing why I'm buying a tin here & there to smoke, but at the same time stocking quantities of Mac Baren and PS flakes away. I dont want to get caught by an availability crisis in the future. Heck, these MacB and PS flake tobaccos with even 2 years aging are amazing! In the future they should be exquisite!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
You Gents are describing why I'm buying a tin here & there to smoke, but at the same time stocking quantities of Mac Baren and PS flakes away. I dont want to get caught by an availability crisis in the future. Heck, these MacB and PS flake tobaccos with even 2 years aging are amazing! In the future they should be exquisite!
With the excitement of their Perique Blend, I have been stockpiling flakes from the HH line. They are great fresh, and will only be better with age.

Top Bottom