What's new

Interesting Decay?

After narrowing down the different factors in this investigation.. I concluded the following facts..

Its not the Proraso (same tube used at home and in the field)
No cleaner was used on it at home and in the field

Narrowing the list down..

Two things are different from home and the field..
The water and storing it in a ziplock bag :001_huh:

With a zinc cap, I would guess that your razor became a sacrificial anode. Zinc blocks or rods are used to reduce corrosion of outboard motors in marine environments and in water heaters to prolong the life of the steel tank. The idea is that in these environments there will be corrosion so the zinc parts are put in there so that the chemical reaction (corrosion) will be with the zinc and not the steel parts.

I got it!!! :w00t:

The box straight from Japan...
proxy.php

Silver feather blades, not sure how different they are to the yellow feathers.
A Feather Popular... and weird M3 thing.. :001_huh: I have never seen this M3 thing before, looks scary :ohmy:

If I would have seen this post earlier I so would have come up with some you being a space alien and the acid in your blood was eating the razor.:blink:

Those are actually a metal roller with holes... I'm going to use them tonight just to see what it does :blink:

Please DE god forgive me for this sinful act I'm about to do.... but my curiosity is killing me....

Last edited:
If I would have seen this post earlier I so would have come up with some you being a space alien and the acid in your blood was eating the razor.:blink:

It happens, trust me.. One day your going to cut yourself and find out your blood is toxic to metal :lol:

This thing weighs the same weight has my Fatboy..
umm a warning in English in the instruction manuel... "Blades are very sharp use for shaving purpose only."

There are two modes.. apparently.. I thought it was a safety switch and was pointing it down range.. But it locks the head from free moving to lock position..

Yeah.. its a roller thing at the bottom.. and safety wires along the blades.

Time to try this out :tongue_sm

I am going to agree with you. I have no idea what type(s) of metals and plating are used in a Feather Portable, but my guess is that you had some type of galvanic reaction which caused the corrosion.

Top Bottom