What's new

Institut Karite shave soap pics

How does it stand up to the French Veggie's from Provence Sante?

quite well. i find the Provence SF similar in shave quality...i haven't tried Pre d Provence yet, but have a puck on the way.

i seem to like all the french soaps.

the lather i get from IK is always thick, creamy and does not break down. leaves my face feeling very smooth and moisturized. i picked up mine from WCS when they had the DOTD for $10 or so and am glad i did. crammed it into an OS mug and have been enjoying it.

i know scent is subjective, but i find Provence SF to be a better smelling soap then IK, although i find both fairly mild and enjoyable.

Provence Sante Green Tea is my favorite smelling French soap, but I want to try a German one too.

YES, the Provence Green Tea is a fine smelling soap. i must like the Green Tea scents, because i find the KMF Green Tea and Bamboo to be my favorite in that line too. very fresh and clean scent, to my nose at least.

Bruce, I'm looking forward to reading your comparison between the IK and PdP when you get the latter. I haven't tried the IK yet. I have PdP, PSGT, Cade, and eShave Linden. Scents aside, from these French soaps, I like the PdP the most for giving me the best post-shave feel.

YES, the Provence Green Tea is a fine smelling soap. i must like the Green Tea scents, because i find the KMF Green Tea and Bamboo to be my favorite in that line too. very fresh and clean scent, to my nose at least.

+1, and in the RazoRock Artisan line, my favorite is Boston Tea Party. The green tea scents are really, really nice.

This product seems to be discontinued.. anyone knows if i could still find it somewhere?

Yikes! I couldn't find the shave soap or shaving cream on the IK website, though they still have ASB. I really hope the soap and cream are not gone for good.

Yikes! I couldn't find the shave soap or shaving cream on the IK website, though they still have ASB. I really hope the soap and cream are not gone for good.
I have a feeling it may have gone the way of the dodo, other than if a place like the post above has a couple old stock lying around. I haven’t seen it listed for sale in a while; oddly enough, the last time I did it was on Urban Outfitters’ website and they had them on clearance for very cheap.

I have a feeling it may have gone the way of the dodo, other than if a place like the post above has a couple old stock lying around. I haven’t seen it listed for sale in a while; oddly enough, the last time I did it was on Urban Outfitters’ website and they had them on clearance for very cheap.
I hope you stocked up!

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
There’s a post here on B&B somewhere I think, that it was being reformulated but not discontinued.

Top Bottom