What's new

Instant Pot Users.... Get in here

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I think it is time to admit I'm a convert. So many things are so so easy. With a stovetop pressure cooker you still need to pay attention. Get it to pressure . . . adjust the temperature etc. The Instant Pot does this for you.

Been giving a lot of consideration into buying an Instant Pot. I do a ton of cooking and typically use a dutch oven or crock pot with good results. I've never used a pressure cooker however.

So my questions to you are...

1- Is an Instant Pot worth the $85 USD?
2- What are your favorite recipies.
Before you buy an instapot, research the Ninja Foodie. It may be a better choice. I’m quite happy with mine.

Don't tease us... share the dang recipe.
I got you covered.

Add the dry ingredients to the wings and cook in your instant pot as usual.

When done, place on a bake sheet on top of some parchment paper.

Add your bbq sauce. (You could also buy premade sauce but that’s not as fun.)

Broil on high in the oven for just a couple minutes to crisp them.
Enjoy!

Attachments

• F0983CD6-2B31-43AB-86EA-54CA54385108.jpeg
    F0983CD6-2B31-43AB-86EA-54CA54385108.jpeg
    228.6 KB · Views: 6

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Before you buy an instapot, research the Ninja Foodie. It may be a better choice. I’m quite happy with mine.
I second this. Being able to pressure cook, then immediately follow that by crisping with the air fryer is amazing. You can use any recipe that calls for pressure cooking, or air frying, or both. Plus it does like 8 other things too. Great machine. Game changer for our kitchen.

I second this. Being able to pressure cook, then immediately follow that by crisping with the air fryer is amazing. You can use any recipe that calls for pressure cooking, or air frying, or both. Plus it does like 8 other things too. Great machine. Game changer for our kitchen.

Thanks guys. I received an IP shortly after my original post and absolutely love it. Not sure I could do without it now.

I have a friend that bought a Ninja. And while it's very nice and has more functionality than an IP, it takes up a considerable amount of real estate on the kitchen counter. Maybe I'll consider one when the IP dies.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Thanks guys. I received an IP shortly after my original post and absolutely love it. Not sure I could do without it now.

I have a friend that bought a Ninja. And while it's very nice and has more functionality than an IP, it takes up a considerable amount of real estate on the kitchen counter. Maybe I'll consider one when the IP dies.

Hopefully the IP doesn't die for a very long time. :cool: Both of these units seem like they are extremely well built. I opted for the Ninja because I am going to be transitioning to a nomadic lifestyle, and needed to consolidate a bunch of appliances. I was able to replace the rice cooker, crock pot, air fryer and pressure cooker with the ninja. I did not have a pressure cooker before I bought the Ninja, but was really looking to get one. So for me the Ninja was a huge saver of counter real estate. It seems that both devices are awesome.

Have fun with your IP!

I am going to be transitioning to a nomadic lifestyle,

Have fun and safe travels.

Friend of mine recently retired and decided to sell everything and buy a really nice converted step van. He goes where he wants to go, when he wants to go. He's been to some amazing, remote spots in the USA and has done some things people only dream of.

the instant pot replaced my zojirushi rice maker which costs about twice as much and I have been completely satisfied. Mark bittman has an article about outfitting a kitchen where he says I assume with tongue in cheek that you only need a rice maker if you make rice multiple times a day. I find that I can easily use my instant pot twice a day sometimes more. steel cut oatmeal in the morning and some rice or grain for dinner. also anytime I'm making beans and also I will always from now on cook tomato pasta sauce in the pressure cooker

the instant pot replaced my zojirushi rice maker which costs about twice as much and I have been completely satisfied. Mark bittman has an article about outfitting a kitchen where he says I assume with tongue in cheek that you only need a rice maker if you make rice multiple times a day. I find that I can easily use my instant pot twice a day sometimes more. steel cut oatmeal in the morning and some rice or grain for dinner. also anytime I'm making beans and also I will always from now on cook tomato pasta sauce in the pressure cooker

My rice maker has been collecting dust ever since I got the IP.

Love making steel cut oats in the IP. Come out perfect every time.

I must be strange... I have an IP, I also have a slow cooker (that is bigger than my IP), and an air fryer. I use them for different things. When I fail to plan and forgot to take something out of the freezer to thaw ... the IP (or sous vide) can deal with going from frozen to dinner pretty darn well. I also use the IP to make yogurt pretty regularly.

Top Bottom