What's new

Insanity

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Is it real? The “find out more here” link doesn’t work for me. No way I’d shoot that.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Short barrel shotties are ok, if it's black powder.

There was a stainless steel 14" CSA cavalry double that got away from me once..

that Thing above can be loaded lightly... A wise idea.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
And the advertisement reads, Perfect for home and auto defense.

Perfect they say.

Absolutely! In the thick, choking fog of blackpowder smoke, one can escape ...unless that Thing came flying back and hit the user in the forehead...

Think I want one. They used to be called Howdah pistols, for tiger hunting from elephants.

AA

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
That is one pistol that should have came with an airbag. :)

I shot something similar many years ago. A 20 ga. but it had a little bit longer barrel. Was it illegal? Oh hell yes, someone had made it from a regular single shot shotgun instead of the one in the advertisement that was factory made as a pistol. It wasn't bad with bird shot, but high brass rounds were killer. Talk about a pirate's boarding pistol.

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Is it real? The “find out more here” link doesn’t work for me. No way I’d shoot that.

Link, working:

Diablo Break Open 12 Gauge Pistol Black Grips | American Gun Craft

Specs:
Diablo Break Open 12 Gauge Pistol Black Grips
$379.00

Barrel Length: 6″ Length Blued Double Barrel Side-by-side, smooth-bore
Barrel Type: Break Open Blued Double Barrel Side-by-side, smooth-bore
Overall Length: 10”
Caliber: 12 Gauge – Conventional 209 Primer Breech Plug Design BP muzzleloader, suggested load 40gr ffg, 1/2 oz shot
Finish: Standard Blue
Weight: 1.6 Lbs
Type: Single Hammer, Double Barrel, Single Trigger, 209 Primer Ignition ML
Stock: Synthetic Grips
Stock Finish: Grips:Midnight Black or Brazilian Rosewood finish. We will contact you to confirm your choice after your order is placed.

Sight Bead: Choose sight bead installed or not
Single hammer, single trigger and utilizes a selector on the hammer to select one barrel or the other
No license or FFL required, order direct

I bolded the suggested load- not a killer.

AA

I shot something similar many years ago. A 20 ga. but it had a little bit longer barrel. Was it illegal? Oh hell yes, someone had made it from a regular single shot shotgun instead of the one in the advertisement that was factory made as a pistol. It wasn't bad with bird shot, but high brass rounds were killer. Talk about a pirate's boarding pistol.
+1. First thought was "No way I'd shoot 4 dram equivalent rounds in that." Second thought was "No way I'd shoot that at my age." Maybe if I worked on wrist strength first.

I used to have a 12 ga. sawed off that short. It could be shot on handed. It worked better if you held one hand on top of it to control the recoil. Shoot half a box of shells and your elbow was sore for a week.

I used to have a 12 ga. sawed off that short. It could be shot on handed. It worked better if you held one hand on top of it to control the recoil. Shoot half a box of shells and your elbow was sore for a week.

Or if you really want a sore wrist just shoot a few 12 ga. magnums through it......:whistling:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
This pistol does have an appeal.

Unlike Taurus Judge, which scares but does not *really* deliver on "shotgun pistol," this one really *could* ... if you have the (will of noted shooter) C. O. Jones to load it up.

AA

Top Bottom