What's new

Innate Redness and a Check-In

Not sure anyone's mentioned it yet, but if it's sharp DE bkads you seek, Feathers are the sharpest around. Pity they dull quickly, but I've not found a sharper blade out of the box

I have had problems with neck irritation as well. I found that applying a moisturizer ever night before going to bed helps accelerate the healing process. I use first aid ultra repair cream, but there are others out there that probably work as well. If you have a Dermatologist, I would suggest checking with them.

ECAD72B0-6BE4-470C-88AC-852A1DA3CA1F.png

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Perhaps a dermatologist to rule out any underlying conditions, allergies or skin sensitivities that you are unaware of? I try and limit the amount of different products in contact with my skin, especially sensitive areas. When you look at an ingredient list of combined pre shaves, soaps/creams/croaps, balms and splashes, that’s a lot of chemicals hitting sensitive areas. Hope you are able to find a solution and get some relief, it’s frustrating, I’ve been there.

Perhaps a dermatologist to rule out any underlying conditions, allergies or skin sensitivities that you are unaware of? I try and limit the amount of different products in contact with my skin, especially sensitive areas. When you look at an ingredient list of combined pre shaves, soaps/creams/croaps, balms and splashes, that’s a lot of chemicals hitting sensitive areas. Hope you are able to find a solution and get some relief, it’s frustrating, I’ve been there.
Excellent point and I couldn't agree more!

Lately, although I have no visible irritation or any extraordinary skin condition, quite the opposite in fact, I have consciously limited the use of stuff I put on my face pre and post shave.

Basically, I have minimized it to just a few products.

As I shower b4 my shaves, I simply wash my face with the bath soap I'm using that day. I've stopped using pre-shave for about a week now and can't detect any deterioration in the quality of my shaves. Post shave I only apply AS splash. I don't follow it up with a balm, then moisturizer, then what not. So, in essence I try not to use more than 3 products on my face during a shaving session. In a couple of months when temperatures get below zero, I might add an AS balm into my rotation OR use a balm instead of splash.

If I read that correctly there is a red spot on your neck that was there even 2 weeks after your last shave. What are you describing is not shaving realted redness. Yeah it get's worse after shaving because shaving is not the most gentle thing you can do to your face, but 2 weeks after? Nope, I would strongly recommend seeing a dermatologist abut this.

If I read that correctly there is a red spot on your neck that was there even 2 weeks after your last shave. What are you describing is not shaving realted redness. Yeah it get's worse after shaving because shaving is not the most gentle thing you can do to your face, but 2 weeks after? Nope, I would strongly recommend seeing a dermatologist abut this.

Yeah, I was thinking about seeing one a couple months ago -- I don't even know if they're open yet. Healthcare has been a mess here.

Gonna try and see next week.

Top Bottom