What's new

Ink

Which is precisely why I placed that last sentence, sir. Very few = The minority of people who have tattoos these days. These days, just about everybody has a tattoo and most of them are younger, and most of them just get them because its the thing to do. There are lots of people that have very meaningful tattoos, but they are certainly the minority. Theres no reason to throw stones.

OK, I apologize for the tone of my response; it was unfounded.

OK, I apologize for the tone of my response; it was unfounded.
No Harm done sir :lol:

On another note, tattoos do play a major role in some gangs such as the Russian Mafia. I dont know how much fact this is based on, but in the movie "Eastern Promises", they played a major role in the members' heirchy. If you had "stars" that was considered the ultimate level meaning that you never kneel to anybody. You are the top, the creme de la creme. If you havent seen that movie, I highly recommend it. Can anybody else validate those statements?

My tattoo has meaning to me, that's all that matters. My in-laws didn't even know I had it till three years after the fact. It's generally covered, though sometimes the top is visible over the collar of a few shirts. I see my tattoo every day and every day I'm happy with my decision; it's a picture I'll proudly take to my grave.

Perhaps the fact that my tattoo is meaning makes me an individual among a group of individuals. :wink:

My tattoo has meaning to me, that's all that matters. My in-laws didn't even know I had it till three years after the fact. It's generally covered, though sometimes the top is visible over the collar of a few shirts. I see my tattoo every day and every day I'm happy with my decision; it's a picture I'll proudly take to my grave.

Perhaps the fact that my tattoo is meaning makes me an individual among a group of individuals. :wink:

You got that right! That's why people should tat up. I have considered one, but I don't know what or where. I know a lot of people who are sick of their artwork now.

Meaning is a bit misleading here though. Even "bad" tattoos can have important meaning to the person with them. For example my back piece (wings in knotwork) is something I spent 9 years working on the design until both it and the timing in my life were right. It has a great deal of personal meaning on many levels. For the most part it is a quite simple design as it is just a single black line for each wing. My brother has among his collection a piece on his right hip which is a collection of cartoon characters from Hannah Barbara to today. It looks amazing and is really great work. His reason for getting it was because he wanted something more light-hearted. In that he has a bunch of characters who he hass grown up with and everyone evokes different memories from his life as well as doing so for those who see it. Then I have another friend who has a simple butterfly on her shoulder. Very much in the same realm as the tramp stamp to the casual observer, but she got it after her divorce as part of her recovery and claiming of her new self.

I guess my point is, why worry about it? The only person who has to live with the ink is the one with it. If you dislike it or dissapprove then look away.

You got that right! That's why people should tat up. I have considered one, but I don't know what or where. I know a lot of people who are sick of their artwork now.

Mrs. Chip's like that too, she really wants one but still hasn't found the right thing. That hasn't stopped me from offering suggestions for years on end though... :biggrin:

Top Bottom