What's new

Ink suggestion for moleskin notebook, particularly Iroshizuku

I believe this is my first post in the nib, and I look forward to your gents opinions.

So I bought a moleskin notebook. It has come to my attention that their paper quality is a little lacking, but thats already a done deal. So moving forward, I wanted to know if anyone had any ink suggestions for using with these notebooks. I'm particularly concerned about feathering. I normally use montblac ink with a waterman but I am thinking about getting some Pilot Iroshisuku ink because of their beautiful colors.

Thoughts, suggestions? Thanks in advance

Quink may work okay... something fast drying, in all cases I bet you will get bleed through but fast drying ink will help with feathering

My monteverde in is on of my fastest drying inks amd it is very cost effective... on the websites it looks to be a higher price till you calculate the amount you get per bottle... MV has higher volumes then most others

Ill check the wiki I did a paper shootout (link in paper wiki) and moleskine was part of it... I did drop a lot of different ink types on the page, but I didn't have my MV at that point

My Iroshizuku ink bled through a lot while Diamine didn't nearly as much Nick, tells most high flow low saturated inks may give you more trouble over lower flowing high saturated inks... Diamine, sailor, or parker inks may be a good start over inks such as edelstein from pelikan, or pilot iroshizuku

But them bottles are so nice looking lol
I u sed Yama Budo on that page and every word had issues
Diamine had some but not nearly as much by a long shot

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Use a finer nib--that will help. On cheap papers, I find Waterman Florida Blue is hard to beat.

Use a finer nib--that will help. On cheap papers, I find Waterman Florida Blue is hard to beat.
+1 on the nib. I keep a moleskin journal for bullet points and I have problems with almost all my inks depending on nib size. I now mainly use a Pilot Vanishing point with a EF nib for the moleskin and now I have a lot less problems with bleed through. I would recommend a very fine nib before a specific ink

Actually the best option is to buy a higher quality notebook. I like the Sigel notebooks, but there are several good brands.

Unfortunately Moleskine is not a great choice for fountain pen users.

I run a moleskin pocket notebook at the office. Iroshizuku Asa-gao and kon-peki in an EF and F Pilot nib respectively are fine, no bleed or feather.

Noodler's heart of darkness in my P51 will bleed through onto the backside of the page some.
Noodler's Nikita in a 03 nibbled Preppy is good too.

Nick... all Iroshizukus I've tried perform about the same and are great, you may find bleed through but boy will you enjoy it lol

Iroshisuku ink should be fine. I use it with no problems. Aurora is an excellent fast drying ink although it only comes in Blue and Black. Note that your pen also makes a difference. Mont Blanc are notorious wet writers while Pilots are on the dry side. I find that Iroshisuku ink in my Pilot M90 works great on Moleskin.

Top Bottom