What's new

INK REVIEW - Pilot Iroshizuku Shin-kai

The first of my Christmas Present inks (2 bottles, and 23 samples)!!

I present my first review in quite a while, Pilot Iroshizuku Shin-kai. This is a nice blue black if that's what you're looking for. Iroshizuku is living up to the expectations set by all the others who have tried their inks. I'm having a bit of flow issues, but I'm thinking that's just related to the early use of my FC Essential, and the custom stub nib. I'm getting used to them both. I can already tell that IAD is setting in. I already have more ink than I could use in a year or two, but I want MORE! Really, I only want the whole line of Iroshizuku and Edelstein. I guess for 1 of each bottle that Goulet carries, it would total up to about $672 for the Iroshizuku line, and $250 for the Edelstein line. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Without further ado.... (original pdf stored on google drive)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, that "Ink Sampler and Review" form makes me want to hyperventilate in terror while delighting the obsessive-compulsive part of me.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Nice looking ink, not so nice on the varying flow I can see, especially near the bottom of the page. Did the new pen get a good washing with soap and water?

Nice looking ink, not so nice on the varying flow I can see, especially near the bottom of the page. Did the new pen get a good washing with soap and water?

To borrow the words of the philosopher known as Sweet Brown, "Ain't nobody got time for dat."

Actually, it looked as though the pen had been inked, tested, and flushed. So I didn't think I needed to. After I run the converter dry I'll give it a little scrub down.
:blushing:

Great review thanks for posting it! Not sure I'll be buying this one..as a blue black it doesn't have pop like the Kon-Peki or Asa-Gao

But who knows, I've been wanting to get more into their line of inks as well

Top Bottom