What's new

Ink Drop @ Goulet Pens

If you're not a member, become one. It's $10/ month. Each month you get 5 vials of ink to play with! Of course, how they can beat last month's is beyond me. It was amazing!

Figure I'd put this here to have all Ink Drop discussions in one location. Anyone else here a member?

Considering? Have questions? Thoughts? Suggestions?

I keep meaning to sign up but always think I'll end up with a bunch of samples I don't want. Guess I could just PIF them...

If you're looking for specific samples, the Ink Drop is probably going to disappoint. If you're open for adventure every month and would like to try a huge cross sample of things you wouldn't normally buy, the ink drop is fantastic. July's ink drop, for example, was made entirely of UV-reactive inks. It came with a highlighter pen as well as a UV LED. None of the inks were something that I was considering, yet I had a ton of fun with them anyway.

Each sample is about 2ml. It's enough to fill a pen (depending on pen) 1.5-3 times. 3 may be pushing it. Average of 2 fills for most pens, I'd say. Enough that you'd be able to tell if you like it or not.

If you end up with samples you don't like, you could PIF them, or save them and mix them...experiment. Better way to view is think of all those you'll end up with you DO like!

If you want, you can clean your pens before changing inks, yes. Some do have enough pens to have various colors loaded all at once. I may or may not be one of those. :)

For trying out various colors in pens a lot of people get a 12 pack of Hero 616 pens.

I've been a member for quite a while. I get vials that arent' full enough to get a fill from unless I use a syringe, so I combine it with another near empty vial until I get enough to fill something. It's fun having mystery inks.

I have been a member for three months and love it! Has the August theme been announced yet?

August's theme is 'New Kids on the Block', featuring some of the newer inks that we've acquired in the past few months.

Everyone's done a great job explaining Ink Drop! You basically get 5 ink samples each month, sometimes with extra goodies, all based on a theme. Sometimes they're variations of the same color, or properties, or just based on the name. They are around 2-2.3ml, enough to get a converter full or two. Definitely enough to see if you'd like it before committing to a bottle. You can buy an ongoing membership (where you're automatically charged each month, until you decide to cancel), or prepaid for a specific number of months.

Another huge benefit of the Ink Drop membership is that you get an extra 10% off the full bottles that were featured in samples that month, as well as extra discounts on other products on the site. So a little risk is sometimes worth it for the extra savings!

If you like surprises, it's like Christmas in your mailbox each month. You may discover inks you love that you never would have tried, or try something you hate and be glad you didn't buy a full bottle of it! As others have said, if you'd rather know what inks you'd like to try, you may be best off just buying individual samples. :)

I have been meaning to sign up, but haven't. I do like that you can get samples of any ink you want!

With ink drop you don't choose what you want. Though, you CAN buy samples of what you want, just it's not part of the ink drop monthly thing. You also get bookmarks and stickers. :)

Honestly, there's been a few times I've contemplated dropping the ink drop. But, I think...it's ten bucks. A month. That's it. I cannot buy samples anywhere for this cheap. I tried. Won't happen. And, it's fun. The discussion, the surprise, the joy. And, then the next ink drop just wows me so I can't leave.

I do want to know where the vials come from. They'd be good for those of us that exchange cologne/ aftershaves with one another.

Last edited:
I was a member, but I am sitting on so much ink, that I couldn't even get to most of the ink drop samples. But it is alot of fun, and is a good way to check out ink you might not have thought to try

I've been an ink drop member for a while. Seems like since it started but I'm not sure. I rarely try them all but usually find 1-2 inks I like each month and pickup a bottle of the stand outs. The extra discount is great and I often go back to past selections to try something that catches my eye somewhere. This is a great opportunity to try a variety is inks. The little UV light in last months shipment with the Noodler's Blue Ghost was brilliant!

I've been an ink drop member for a while. Seems like since it started but I'm not sure. I rarely try them all but usually find 1-2 inks I like each month and pickup a bottle of the stand outs. The extra discount is great and I often go back to past selections to try something that catches my eye somewhere. This is a great opportunity to try a variety is inks. The little UV light in last months shipment with the Noodler's Blue Ghost was brilliant!

No kidding! The highlighter was pretty fun too. I have been contemplating getting a refillable highlighter for a while now and after trying one out I will pick up a couple in the future.

I joined in time for the July drop. It's great for me as I'll try any ink at all as long as it's blue, black, or blue-black. :) This will get me out of my rather pedantic comfort zone.

My 9 and 6 year-old grandchildren, whom I'm in the process of introducing to fountain pens, loved the Dragon Catfish Green and Dragon Catfish Pink.

No kidding! The highlighter was pretty fun too. I have been contemplating getting a refillable highlighter for a while now and after trying one out I will pick up a couple in the future.

Could you do it before I run out of highlighters so you can give a review? I'd love if those were practical...

Top Bottom