What's new

Injectors- Shaving perfection!

Injectors are not so popular as they are now a legacy item. With only one or two vendors offering new products. The O clone is no longer appears on eBarbershop, they have a type L. Is this the product that got poor reviews on Amazon? There is a constant supply on eBay, but at probably 400 to 500 they won't supply anyone but hobbyists.
They do appear to still be making the O clone. Just search on eBarbershop and type o and it should get you there. The price has increased by almost double though. I'm not sure it's worth it at this point. I thought it was at $30, but $50 is a bit too steep. I can almost get a supply razor for that (used anyway). I am not sure if that type L clone they're selling got all the bad reviews, but my guess would be no just based on their track record. They made the type o clone themselves if memory serves, so it stands to reason they're making this one too. And I don't recall them making a type L clone a year ago, and those reviews were from at least that if not longer ago. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

They do appear to still be making the O clone. Just search on eBarbershop and type o and it should get you there. The price has increased by almost double though. I'm not sure it's worth it at this point. I thought it was at $30, but $50 is a bit too steep. I can almost get a supply razor for that (used anyway). I am not sure if that type L clone they're selling got all the bad reviews, but my guess would be no just based on their track record. They made the type o clone themselves if memory serves, so it stands to reason they're making this one too. And I don't recall them making a type L clone a year ago, and those reviews were from at least that if not longer ago. Hope that helps.

I still don't see the O Clone. If it has increased in price, I am probably out as I would have to use a forwarding agent.

I still don't see the O Clone. If it has increased in price, I am probably out as I would have to use a forwarding agent.
Apparently the listing can be found by creative search methods, but there isn't any inventory. You were correct in your first post, my apologies for any confusion. I love my o clone, so I was hopeful that others would get to enjoy it too.

I use the Schick blades and they are available locally. Regardless of which razor I use daily, the Type E takes care of setting the sideburns and nostril area.

Also use it to shave the back of my neck.

Judging from the vintage DE razors I have used, none of them shaves as well as the Schick or GEM razors.
If you are in Iowa or Minnesota, Fareway grocery stores stock them for about $5 for 7. Someone besides me must buy them, they keep restocking the shelves. I have 10 carts now I think I have enough for now.

While I love my Schick injectors and Repeaters, my favorite tool is the Enders Speed with a Schick Proline. Smoother and easier to true BBS than anything else in my rather well stocked den.
proxy.php

The Gem razors have such a wide head though. I'm not brave enough to shave upwards under my nose. Someday I'd like to get a nice cased E1 or 2.
I'd be wary of an E-1 or E-2 if I were you.
Schick's 20-year guarantee will be expired by now.

I was just on the eBarbershop website - they have an injector the $24.95, but it doesn't say what type it is. Can anyone shed some light about this injector?

I was just on the eBarbershop website - they have an injector the $24.95, but it doesn't say what type it is. Can anyone shed some light about this injector?

It certainly isn't a Type O clone. The picture is not large enough to see the details, but it could be either a Type L clone or a clone of one of the Type Ns.

It certainly isn't a Type O clone. The picture is not large enough to see the details, but it could be either a Type L clone or a clone of one of the Type Ns.
I know you are a huge fan of the cloned Type O. Do you have an original? Something tells me you do. Cheers!!

Sabre and I looked into the listing I had found, but it is unavailable right now. We aren't clear what that means, out of stock or out of production entirely. I found the listing using Google, not their site. Either way, I was wrong. My apologies.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I got a E2 NOS with this case on a _bay lot(was not expecting that) and will give it to my son for a Christmas present hopefully, just thought you guys would like to see the warranty and some nostalgia from that era.
Schick razors e2 box.jpg Stick Schick with a 20 year warranty from a G Schick  (2).jpg Stick Schick was just resting on the NOS Schick E2 shipping box.
Have some great shaves!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Awesome score! I could be wrong but I think the E2 didn't have the parallel grooved safety bar
That model is a E3(you are correct) and I have 3 other E2 razors and use the terms of models loosely.

01F70D0B-E649-4696-9F9F-586ABA7CD40E.jpeg
958A2C3F-323D-4857-8516-994BD13C975B.jpeg
6A748981-9F37-41A4-9DC9-E7B880DB5E92.jpeg
Neither of mine have the parallel groves. The E3 has grained brass while the E2 is smooth.

Attachments

• 2145AE75-886A-4B7C-BEB3-399EB6518D05.jpeg
    2145AE75-886A-4B7C-BEB3-399EB6518D05.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 6
Top Bottom