What's new

Injectors on Airplanes?

You can't take blades in the carry on luggage, no matter which blades.
I think you can take the razor though ... at least DEs you can, I think an unloaded Injector is OK too.

I always take my loaded injector with me in my carry-on and never had an issue. You can take a Gillette fusion in carry-on, and functionally they are no different. They don't want a blade you can remove from the razor and use as a weapon. It'd be pretty easy to show them that the blade isn't going anywhere if they wanted to check it. But that said, always travel with a duplicate. Never travel with a razor that you don't mind losing, in case they decide to confiscate it.

I always take my loaded injector with me in my carry-on and never had an issue. You can take a Gillette fusion in carry-on, and functionally they are no different. They don't want a blade you can remove from the razor and use as a weapon. It'd be pretty easy to show them that the blade isn't going anywhere if they wanted to check it. But that said, always travel with a duplicate. Never travel with a razor that you don't mind losing, in case they decide to confiscate it.
An injector blade is easily removed. A Fusion blade ain't going anywhere.
I accidentally traveled with a loaded Schick C2 once with no problems, but it's not something I'd plan on doing since it is breaking the rules as set by the FAA.

It's a risk to travel with it loaded but they have to identify it on screening as a SE razor that can have the blade removed if they even want to look at it. I imagine the profile of an Injector is so close to a disposable that they probably won't even bat an eye at it.

The questions "Is it legal?" and "Can I get away with it?" are very very different and have very different answers.
IMO, the latter is something we should not be asking or answering here.

The questions "Is it legal?" and "Can I get away with it?" are very very different and have very different answers.

If it's unloaded it won't be illegal;, of course, I also prefer sanity in my laws. A DE blade or nail clippers aren't going to take a plane out of the skies and maybe we should be pressuring the powers that be to stop the paranoia.

M: I want to complain.
C: You want to complain! Look at these shoes. I've only had them three weeks and the heels are worn right through.
M: No, I want to complain about...
C: If you complain nothing happens, you might as well not bother.
M: Oh!
C: Oh my back hurts, it's not a very fine day and I'm sick and tired of this office.

i feel going down the vacuous, toffee nosed road would not be in line with the gentlemanly expectations of this site.

But I could just be arguing in my spare time...

How does this all relate to the rule change about knives? Blades under 6cm are allowed in the cabin again, at least in Europe.

Edit: looked it up, Heathrow singles out razor blades as forbidden.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can carry an injector razor and blades onto an airplane these days?
AFAIK blades are forbidden but not unloaded razors.

A word of caution though. I have during the past year spotted several gents being questioned about their empty DE razors on carry on luggage in the Scandinavian airports. A hot tempered friend of mine got searched and questioned in "the little room" after arguing with the security crew over an unloaded DE razor. He was still in the process when his flight took off.

This has made me only carry disposable razors when I fly with only carry on luggage. Earlier nobody in Scandinavian airport security knew the difference between a cart and an injector. Today I would not take the chance or annoy my fellow travellers with the hassle in security! I don't think any rules changed but the implementation may have.

AFAIK blades are forbidden but not unloaded razors.

A word of caution though. I have during the past year spotted several gents being questioned about their empty DE razors on carry on luggage in the Scandinavian airports. A hot tempered friend of mine got searched and questioned in "the little room" after arguing with the security crew over an unloaded DE razor. He was still in the process when his flight took off.

This has made me only carry disposable razors when I fly with only carry on luggage. Earlier nobody in Scandinavian airport security knew the difference between a cart and an injector. Today I would not take the chance or annoy my fellow travellers with the hassle in security! I don't think any rules changed but the implementation may have.

I have a cart for travel now but I used to fly with my old Merkur 23c in my checked baggage because I didn't care if it was damaged or stolen. It's what risks you are willing to accept in the end.

Actually I think it's very much the same question. This razor is a borderline case. It may get through, it may not. It may be legal, it may be not. Depends on who is doing security at the time.

Top Bottom