What's new

Injectors and SEs

Hi all,

I have a Feather Portable and a Gillette Slim. I'm curious about SEs and about Injectors but frankly, I like the feel of something new a little bit better, assuming it's affordable. Is anyone making good knock-off Injectors these days? I've seen one advertised somewhere but I forget where and I had no idea if it'd be any good. Are there any new SEs being made?

I understand that there might not be, but I just figured that if anyone had a good source, it'd be you guys. Thanks, everyone.

In a word, no.

+1

There are absolutely no new Gem razors to be had (maybe the occasional NOS (new old stock), but exceedingly rare).

As for Injectors, there are no new Injectors being made. Your best bet is vintage, or if you absolutely need a new razor a NOS one that is still sealed in it's package (but expect to pay very high dollar for a sealed NOS injector on the Bay).

Last edited:
For Injectors, it's actually pretty common to see NOS ones on Ebay, still in the original unopened blister pack. The bad news is that they go for very high prices as a rule. Unless, you really, really, want certifiably unused, you may as well buy a used one. I did buy a NOS Personna Injector, but that was partly because of the pack of Personna 74 injector blades that was sealed in the package with it.

You have to be patient, though. They sometimes go for a relatively high amount, but once in a while you can pick one up for a good price. Just keep checking and bidding until you luck out. I've found a couple of L1 Schicks that way - they were both NOS, unused, in package.

Hi all,

I have a Feather Portable and a Gillette Slim. I'm curious about SEs and about Injectors but frankly, I like the feel of something new a little bit better, assuming it's affordable. Is anyone making good knock-off Injectors these days? I've seen one advertised somewhere but I forget where and I had no idea if it'd be any good. Are there any new SEs being made?

I understand that there might not be, but I just figured that if anyone had a good source, it'd be you guys. Thanks, everyone.

I know where there's a dead mint store display card of 6 G-Bars, cases and all. Only $178 plus tax. Them's the only true mint ones I've seen in my travels.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm not really mortally afraid of buying used (the slim is used), so I probably won't pay top dollar for a NOS. Just wondering if there was any sort of alternative out there. It's a shame that there aren't more being made.

Top Bottom