What's new

Injectors 2020 Twin Challenge (Schick)

Brother lvd4,

I just noticed you have a 10 pack of twin blades.

When I bought my twin blades maybe 6 months ago, I received 8 small boxes, with 1 injector in each box, but there are only 2 blades in each injector and the boxes are marked 2 twin blades. Did I get ripped off? Or is that standard NOS nowadays? I don't recall who I bought them from on ebay, or what I paid for them.

Hi Santamariasteve,

I am not sure what the 'normal' situation is. I have been able to buy several injectors with 10 blades each. Both through eBay and through Japanese ecommerce websites (which was quite a pain).

By the way, I just had my first shave: almost no resistance, smooth, no-weepers and my skin feels great!

M

Member 113878

Brother fblais,

A twin blade can be used in a Schick Type I and a Type J if they are not the "hydro-magic" models, that is, if they don't have the lever on the handle that releases tension on the blade to expedite cleaning.

BTW a twin blade cannot be used in a Type G or earlier Schick injector. Twin blades cannot be used on non-Schick injector razors, such a the Personna and the Pal Injecto-matic razors. Schick twin blades came out at about the time the mild Schick Injector Type L was introduced.
Are the twin blades twice the thickness of single blades?
I had my first shave with my type J injector three days ago, and, while being extremely smooth, I found it was not quite efficient.
I had loaded a Schick injector single blade, brand new.
I have some Personna injector single blades coming from Connaught, maybe they cut more?
Of course, it may be due to newbie’s poor technique with an injector too...

Thanks!

Yes, the Schick ones are roughly twice the thickness. There is a very thin spacer in between the two blades. The Gillette version does not have the spacer. Also, you can play with the angle of the injector. Generally the blade has to be a bit flatter than some other razor types.

I have tried many razor types, but for me the Schick injectors are by far the best. I hope they are great for you too.

Just a quick update after 2 weeks:

First few days, the razor was overly sharp. I did not really feel it, but had a few spots that were bleeding afterwards. Since then, easy and smooth shaving.

I might declog the space in between the blades in a few days.

I have finished my test of Schick NOS twin blade longevity.

First, I didn't try to continue using the blade when it started to become uncomfortable. I stopped when I first noticed a hint of degraded performance. I expect some guys to claim they got many weeks, even months, of use out of one twin blade. But that won't be I.

My beard type is tough "old man" white whiskers and I have thin facial skin. I'm 83 years old. I used a Type L Schick Injector razor loaded with a fresh Schick NOS twin blade.

The shaves were pleasant, close and comfortable. I shaved each morning and I shaved once every 24 hours, starting on January 1st. I highly recommend NOS twin blades in the milder latter model injectors.

The durability and longevity of the twin blades seems to be the same as regular Schick blades, about 14 days for me. The twin blades do make the Type L injector and the similar milder Schick injectors to shave much more closely and effectively. I quit after 14 days. I could have gone on considerably longer with only a slight loss of performance.

I look forward to hearing the experience of the other shavers. I expect some will be reporting in months from now.

M

Member 113878

I had my first shave with my type J injector three days ago, and, while being extremely smooth, I found it was not quite efficient.
I had loaded a Schick injector single blade, brand new.
I have some Personna injector single blades coming from Connaught, maybe they cut more?
Finally got the Personna blades yesterday!
This morning's shave was much better than with the Schick blade.
I thought Schick blades would probably be the best match, but it's not the case for me.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday shave Jan 26th-2020- Thought I would reminisce from a blast from the past using my Stick Schick injector brought me back driving down the road 1970's with my 65 Barracuda small block (273 4 barrel) don't laugh it blew the doors off a 318 Plymouth Duster. My buddy was laughing at my car because his mother bought him a nice used Plymouth brown Duster two door. Called him out to the 1/4 mile out in the sticks that was marked out from a earlier Generation and there was a lot of young teenagers wanting to see my car lose more than likely. When the flag girl dropped the flag(jacket) down I went out not burning rubber & my transmission & engine screaming mercy as I shifted and gained a second or two while he was trying to catch me. When I beat him he wanted another retry I said no because he was determined to win and he saw his mistake of spinning tires at the starting line. He never laughed at my car after that humiliation he deserved.:001_tt2:

Razor : Stick Schick injector theme razor L type- MFG 1973
Blade: Schick injector TwinII (Japan)(28)
Soap : Williams mug soap (new version) worked well with this densely packed Yaqi 24 mm brush.
Brush : Yaqi Timberwolf synthetic 24 mm- excellent brush to whip up hard soaps like Williams.
Pre-shave : Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman with witch Hazel + Nivea balm.
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:

Almost forgot about this Thread, I do not use this daily but more like once or twice a month.
Sunday shave Jan 26th-2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!
This is the blade I useTwin blades (2).jpg.

Last edited:
Just a quick update from the eternal Twin Blade. The blade is still going strong, but the character has changed. Below the 'developments'
- day 1 & 2: blade is a bit rough, any pressure is too much and it is extremely easy to create a weeper
- day 3 to roughly day 10: extremely smooth & efficient and only needs very little pressure
- day 11 / day 22: slowly increasing the need for pressure, shave is smooth and efficient
- day 22 till now: use of normal pressure, performance does not seem to change a lot; shave is smooth and fairly efficient (it has however become sensitive to pre-shave prepping)

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Just a quick update from the eternal Twin Blade. The blade is still going strong, but the character has changed. Below the 'developments'
- day 1 & 2: blade is a bit rough, any pressure is too much and it is extremely easy to create a weeper
- day 3 to roughly day 10: extremely smooth & efficient and only needs very little pressure
- day 11 / day 22: slowly increasing the need for pressure, shave is smooth and efficient
- day 22 till now: use of normal pressure, performance does not seem to change a lot; shave is smooth and fairly efficient (it has however become sensitive to pre-shave prepping)
Very helpful info. I've got about 4 shaves on the twin in my L1, and I had heard these are VERY long-lived blades....given the number of razors I have and the lengthy rotation cycle, I may not live long enough to load another twin. Please keep those updates coming.

If you have an adjustable, inject a Twin into the M Type Adjustable. You can dial down the razor the first couple of shaves, allowing normal pressure to be used. Then crank it back up, as the blade smooths out. I shave the first couple shaves at around 4, and now keep it somewhere around 6-7. - I've long lost count of the shave number, but must be a good 10 or 12, and she's still going strong. Not my daily driver, but does see some usage.

If you have an adjustable, inject a Twin into the M Type Adjustable. You can dial down the razor the first couple of shaves, allowing normal pressure to be used. Then crank it back up, as the blade smooths out. I shave the first couple shaves at around 4, and now keep it somewhere around 6-7. - I've long lost count of the shave number, but must be a good 10 or 12, and she's still going strong. Not my daily driver, but does see some usage.
Brother Cyber,

Interesting and thanks for the suggestion. But my thinking is putting a twin blade in an adjustable injector is highly redundant . . . and expensive. You already have the ability to pump up the aggression and the effectiveness of the razor with a simple twist of the dial.

Ron R

Sunday shave March 1st 2020- I'm kind of doing a slow marathon shave with this blade, it's amazing the longevity you can receive from a Twin II blade(Japan MFG?). It is showing signs of getting a little duller but still good for some more shaves.
Twin blades (2).jpg

Razor : Stick Schick injector theme razor- MFG 1973
Blade : Schick twin II injector(29)
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum- good soap- mild scent with great lather qualities IMO.
Brush : Yaqi timber wolf 24mm - great synthetic brush.
Pre-shave: brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock XXX aftershave with witch Hazel+ Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: good shave!

Sunday shave March 1st 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Sunday shave March 1st 2020- I'm kind of doing a slow marathon shave with this blade, it's amazing the longevity you can receive from a Twin II blade(Japan MFG?). It is showing signs of getting a little duller but still good for some more shaves.
Twin blades (2).jpg

Razor : Stick Schick injector theme razor- MFG 1973
Blade : Schick twin II injector(29)
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum- good soap- mild scent with great lather qualities IMO.
Brush : Yaqi timber wolf 24mm - great synthetic brush.
Pre-shave: brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock XXX aftershave with witch Hazel+ Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: good shave!

Sunday shave March 1st 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!
Brother Ron,

So are you saying you have gotten 60 shaves with one Japanese Schick Injector twin blade? That's commendable!

How tough are your whiskers? Did you shave daily? And how many passes do you make on each shave?

Ron R

Brother Ron,

So are you saying you have gotten 60 shaves with one Japanese Schick Injector twin blade? That's commendable!

How tough are your whiskers? Did you shave daily? And how many passes do you make on each shave?
Hello @santamariasteve , If you look at my post you will see I have 29 shaves in and my beard is medium growth but tougher in the winter months. You might be thinking about @xxvaleria who got around 60 shaves I recall with a twin blade.
I not sure about @xxvaleria because he has not been around B&B for some time and he knows a lot about Schick razors IMO.

We started this test on January 1, 2020. As of early March I'm a little disappointed there was not more interest and participation in this test. Or are some still testing?

I’m not a participant in this event, but the O Clone with the Twin blade is my favorite razor followed by a G66. I’m 76 and don’t have a heavy beard but it is quite coarse. I’ve been using the clone with a twin blade now since 2016. I consistently get 80 shaves with it. I’ve found that it he combination, for me at least, works best with a wetter lather. I usually use a Hasslinger soap. For me it works best.

Top Bottom