What's new

injector SE vs Regular schick\gem

So I grabbed an injector M27 on the bay. It'll hopefully be here in a week. In the meantime I ordered a 7 pack of Schick blades from Amazon.

Hope this was a good choice for a smooth entry into injectors. Lol.
proxy.php

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
So I grabbed an injector M27 on the bay. It'll hopefully be here in a week. In the meantime I ordered a 7 pack of Schick blades from Amazon.

That is a L type I believe and it will deliver a nice shaves and easy to find the angle. You should be happy with new blades and that razor is not overly aggressive. I believe you ordered Schick blades(Yellow packaging) and they are a excellent blade for sharpness and smoothness. When installing a new blade it is nice to have a blade already in the razor, sometimes I remove a blade that comes with a used razor for cleaning reasons. Don't throw out the used blade if you decide to do a major cleaning before use, Why you might ask- you might want to put used blade in the new dispenser(not hard to do) and eject it into the cleaned razor and then inject the new blade behind it so that the new blade goes in properly and does not rub against the first blade keeper. If new blade rubs against the 1st blade stop it has ruined the edge and at a $1.00 a blade it is worth the care(you will get a terrible shave). Once installed you should have no further issues when installing blades, I always look any ways as a rule when installing a new blade.
Have some great shaves! Enjoy your Schick experiences!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

proxy.php

It should be, I think.

I'm not sure which Schick this is. It's not a Type M, but it might be a Type N, maybe an N-2. I don't really know the Type N so I'm guessing there. More photos would help; somebody more expert might not need them.

L-3.Top.VeryNice.3-18.JPG

Actually after looking at it again, and after looking at my L-3, I think it's an L-1. I was seeing an artifact in your photo (or probably the vendor's) which misled me. 90% on the L-1.

My Type L-3 is a great shaver. Your L should be too. The handle on the L-3 was certainly a gimmick but it turns out to be the best razor handle ever. I love the razor.

The M27 markings don't mean anything about the model.

You may already know this, but just in case...

Unless the razor already has a blade in it the first blade you put in will be damaged because they're designed to be inserted as a replacement. There needs to be something to replace to avoid damage to the blade.

In other words, unless there's already a blade in it here's the procedure.
  • You will put a blade in. That blade will be damaged (no way around it).
  • You'll then replace the damaged blade with a new blade which will be undamaged and suitable for shaving.
That's just how it is.

Best case scenarios.
  1. There's a blade already in it in which case the first one you install will be good to go.
  2. Even better, there's a blank in it (not a sharp blade). In that case, save the blank (forever).
#2 is highly unlikely but possible. A blank looks exactly like a blade but is not sharp at all.

These blades last a very very long time. I've used one Schick blade (in my L-3) for well over a month. In fact, I don't even count the shave so it could be two or three months.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:
Awesome.

When I get it I'll know if I have to sacrifice a blade or not. If so, no biggie. At $5 for a 7 pack, and them lasting a month each r more each, I have plenty of shaves from just 6 of them. [emoji846]

Thanks for the info.

Received the razor the other day and had a chance to shave with it last night.

It did have a blade in it, so I will be able to get use of all 7 in the cartridge.

I have to say, it's a smooth shaver, albeit the efficiency didn't knock my socks off. I am sure as I get used to it, the shave will improve. Still, I definitely prefer my DE's. Nonetheless, at least I can now say I have tried an injector. [emoji846]

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Received the razor the other day and had a chance to shave with it last night.

It did have a blade in it, so I will be able to get use of all 7 in the cartridge.

I have to say, it's a smooth shaver, albeit the efficiency didn't knock my socks off. I am sure as I get used to it, the shave will improve. Still, I definitely prefer my DE's. Nonetheless, at least I can now say I have tried an injector. [emoji846]

Nice.

There is a learning curve with injectors. Took me a good while to get it just right.

Hint: Try steep angles.

Hint: The Type L will take a TWIN blade (which is more efficient). Not saying anything's wrong with the Chick blade; I like them a lot in my E-2 (which won't take the TWIN).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
If you want efficiency, try a GEM MMOC with a PTFE blade. Its not the easiest razor to learn to use, but once you do, little will match it. Easier and more forgiving to learn, is the GEM Bullet Tip.

They're a great pair of razors. I just used my Bullet Tip again for shave #3 on a PTFE after using DE's my last several shaves. Every time I use a GEM I ask myself why I still use DE's.

I start a fresh PTFE blade in my Bullet Tip and move it to my MMOC after 4 shaves.

I have been using a ebarbershop Type O clone along with a M4 adjustable for most of my shaves.
What really did it for me was being able to use twin blades in them.
That changed everything.
I get BBS in two passes.

I have been using a ebarbershop Type O clone along with a M4 adjustable for most of my shaves.
What really did it for me was being able to use twin blades in them.
That changed everything.
I get BBS in two passes.
The m4 is the shick adjustable with the knob on the back correct? I purchased the pal adjustable sre they similar?

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

Yes the M4 is a Schick adjustable.
The Pal is similar in that it is adjustable but can not use the twin blades.
Gillette makes a twinblade but it's rare and I don't know how it shaves.
Then there's also the Personna floating head which is also rare.
I've been told that this razor is the best shaving but haven't been able to find one.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
M1.M3.Bottoms.Heads.Clear.640.JPGM3.Protector.M1.Top.Whole.640.JPG

These are the Type M1 and the Type M3 Protector Schick adjustables. There are other Type M Schicks. I have all of them but can't find all the photos.

Anyway, they're good injectors but, in my opinion as a steep angle shaver, the adjustable feature adds nothing. Nothing wrong with adjustables of course but to me the are just a layer of unneeded complexity, regardless of what the razor is.

From.Traci.640.Gillettes.640.2-19..JPGFatBoy.Slim.SS.640.4-18.JPG

I have several Gillette adjustables, too, and don't get them as being necessary either, but they're kinda cool.

Of course, if you like 'em, they're fine.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom