What's new

Injector razors should be produced again.

I was high bidder for an eBay auction of a Schick adjustable injector razor. The razor came today and after some clean up I loaded a blade and shaved a 3 day growth of beard with it. Now, I had used a Schick adjustable from 1965 to about 1980 or so, so I was used to how they handled, although it has been a while since I had one in my hand.
So, this razor provided one of the best and quickest shaves I have had in a very long time. I still love my Jagger DE, but this Schick will soon become my primary razor. With the DE, I usually lather twice and do a 3 to 4 pass shave. With the injector, I did a quick 2 pass shave in about 1/2 the time of the DE and got a shave that was every bit as good as the 4 pass DE shave. Also, even though I do not wear a pencil thin mustache, I do keep the bottom edge trimmed quite high above my lip, and this Schick injector allowed me to get a sharp even trim on the mustache.

Anyway, it seems that those old injector razors were almost a perfect shaving system. The head is small enough to easily get everywhere on your face, the available blades are good and easy to find, the weight is heavy enough so that one does not have to apply much pressure, there is precious little land fill waste (just a bit more than that generated by DE shaving) and the razors will last forever. Seems like injectors should still be produced, but I guess that the powers that are in charge figured that they could not make money from them.

Anyone else sold on injectors?

Injectors are great. The Cobra is a pseudo injector, but is quite expensive. Unless there was a large market, I don't expect any manufacturer would go to the expense of gearing up to produce such a razor for such a small market.

I think someone emaiiled Gillette about bringing back safety razors....meh..Gillette didn't wanna re make the steel and process all over again...I guess they feel making plastic sticks with blades on em gives P&G their highest rate of return money...:001_unsur

You'd be better off talking to one of the small boutique razor makers, I can't imagine the limited market would even show up on the radar of someone like Gillette.

I think someone emaiiled Gillette about bringing back safety razors....meh..Gillette didn't wanna re make the steel and process all over again...I guess they feel making plastic sticks with blades on em gives P&G their highest rate of return money...:001_unsur

Sadly I have to completely agree with you.... It would be great if Gillette brought back some of their classic designs ie: SS, Slim....Days gone by I suppose...

Sadly I have to completely agree with you.... It would be great if Gillette brought back some of their classic designs ie: SS, Slim....Days gone by I suppose...

At the cost to make them (even in China) they could not sell them for a profit. At least nothing like the margins they are getting on the plastic carts.

Would you pay $250 + for a new fatboy? Now if they brought back the "classics" like the toggle or bottom dial maybe......

Hmmm, I may need to give one of these a shot! I've been on the fence about them but maybe it would be a fun change of pace.

I remember my dad getting a Schick injector sometime in the mid-60's to replace his DE. I was probably 6 or 7 years old, and I thought the way it looked and the injector loading was the coolest thing in the world . It looked very "James Bond" to me. Like an Aston Martin that you shaved with. I was totally fascinated by it.

May have to look into getting one of those.

Not only are they fun and easy to use, but they shave on par with the best DE's out there.

Best bet for getting new versions of things like classic injectors is advances in 3d printing. There's a race to be the first to print a fully working gun - vintage razor copies won't be far behind ;-)

I shall let you know later today, I received my first ever injector last week (Schick L series I think) and the blades arrived yesterday. I'm really looking forward to this as I've heard good things about injectors.

I love my injector. It is what I started with. I tend to use straights and DE as the injector seems to be like cheating. In college, I usually used it with water only and had a better shave than my roommates who used carts. If I want quick and easy it is what I reach for. The fact that I decided to try and find injector blades online is what lead me to straights, DE, and this site. I have never used an adjustable injector but I bet they are awesome.

If I want a fast, easy shave I reach for an Injector. I haven't used one in months though, so I'm going to change that.

Well gentlemen, you have another injector fan here. Completed a shave today with my first ever injector and I must say it was a good result! After slightly adjusting my angle back to something like I used to use with cart's it was plain sailing all the way. It gave a nice smooth DFS with just a couple of passes and I never felt like there was the possibility of nicking myself like you do with a DE from time to time.
I thought the razor may get clogged with whiskers and soap, but it rinsed out quite easily. Overall I have to say I was impressed.

I bought 2 packets of Schick blades (7 in each injector) as a general rule of thumb, how many shaves can you expect from these blades? Is it similar to a DE, or the Feather AC blades?

Also, where can I buy more or different blades for injectors online? I bought the Schicks from a US based pharmacy on eBay, what other brands of blades are good?

Top Bottom