What's new

Injector Razors, and grooming the back of my neck.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I thought I would anyways.

I'm looking for a razor to keep the back of my neck neat and clean. I don't quite feel comfortable using my Merkur HD or Slant. So I was curious if an Injector style razor would work? Keep in mind, my only concerns are keeping proper blade angle, and not slicing the back of my neck with a DE.

Anyone have any opinions on where I should start looking for one, and what models I should research?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

Subquestion: How many people shave the back of their neck...seriously? (My father never taught me that trick.)

Thanks,
Christopher

I use an L1 Schick Injector for just what you describe. It's profile is similar to the Mach 3 I used to use, so it's much easier to manage when trying to shave the back of my neck with a hand mirror. It's also easier for my wife to handle when I get her to do it....much safer than trying to teach her how to use a DE!

Subquestion: How many people shave the back of their neck...seriously? (My father never taught me that trick.)

Thanks,
Christopher

I'm interested in this too. I think I posted in another thread, but mostly got answers about how people have their wives shave back there. I have a pretty hairy neck and keeping it clean with very frequent haircuts is a chore.

You need a hand mirror as well as the regular bathroom mirror, as well as a steady hand. Being able to shave with both hands helps too.

I use an L1 Schick Injector for just what you describe. It's profile is similar to the Mach 3 I used to use, so it's much easier to manage when trying to shave the back of my neck with a hand mirror. It's also easier for my wife to handle when I get her to do it....much safer than trying to teach her how to use a DE!

I'll have to keep an eye out for one of those. By chance, what's the average price?

You need a hand mirror as well as the regular bathroom mirror, as well as a steady hand. Being able to shave with both hands helps too.

It also doesn't hurt to have long arms and fairly flexible shoulders! :smile:

Though I imagine a good mirror would help me too. In the past I went by feel alone, and made sure that I got everything.

Thanks for the information guys!

Top Bottom