• Hey Guest. We are currently doing lots and lots of work on the forum software. Please be patient while the kinks are worked out.

Thanks!

Injector Razors, and grooming the back of my neck.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I thought I would anyways.

I'm looking for a razor to keep the back of my neck neat and clean. I don't quite feel comfortable using my Merkur HD or Slant. So I was curious if an Injector style razor would work? Keep in mind, my only concerns are keeping proper blade angle, and not slicing the back of my neck with a DE.

Anyone have any opinions on where I should start looking for one, and what models I should research?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

Subquestion: How many people shave the back of their neck...seriously? (My father never taught me that trick.)

Thanks,
Christopher

I use an L1 Schick Injector for just what you describe. It's profile is similar to the Mach 3 I used to use, so it's much easier to manage when trying to shave the back of my neck with a hand mirror. It's also easier for my wife to handle when I get her to do it....much safer than trying to teach her how to use a DE!

Subquestion: How many people shave the back of their neck...seriously? (My father never taught me that trick.)

Thanks,
Christopher
I'm interested in this too. I think I posted in another thread, but mostly got answers about how people have their wives shave back there. I have a pretty hairy neck and keeping it clean with very frequent haircuts is a chore.

You need a hand mirror as well as the regular bathroom mirror, as well as a steady hand. Being able to shave with both hands helps too.

I use an L1 Schick Injector for just what you describe. It's profile is similar to the Mach 3 I used to use, so it's much easier to manage when trying to shave the back of my neck with a hand mirror. It's also easier for my wife to handle when I get her to do it....much safer than trying to teach her how to use a DE!
I'll have to keep an eye out for one of those. By chance, what's the average price?

You need a hand mirror as well as the regular bathroom mirror, as well as a steady hand. Being able to shave with both hands helps too.
It also doesn't hurt to have long arms and fairly flexible shoulders! :smile:

Though I imagine a good mirror would help me too. In the past I went by feel alone, and made sure that I got everything.

Thanks for the information guys!