What's new

Injector Razor Shave Angle...

Bought a vintage Schick Injector off a member here and it just might be the best razor I’ve ever used.

Question on the angle though. Do you hold the head flat against your face or do you angle the handle down more?

That's what I do. The proper angle is built into the design...no guesswork involved. Injectors have been the best razors for me as well.

They shave sort of like a GEM, nearly flat against the face. I tilt mine every so slightly downward from perfectly flat, which yields a really nice, close, and comfortable shave.

I only kept the Adjustable, which for me just seem to shave better than the G or the Personna models I previously had, and sold off or PIF's. (The G shaved well with a vintage blade, but not so comfortable with a modern blade, and I just didn't like the Personna at all). The Adjustable is darn perfect, and I keep it around 5 with a Schick Twin or 7-9 with the Chinese Schick (yellow packaging) blade.

If you like the Schick, you may also like the GEM Micromatics. Once I became accustomed to the larger head, they shave fantastically.

Like others, I've found that if I drop the handle just a bit I get a better shave.

How about blades? Everyone using "Chick?"

When I got my Type I1 hydromatic, it had an instruction sheet which said to shave with the head flat against your face. I previously used to shave with it at a very slight angle. I’ve found on my 76-year-old face the flat against the face method far superior.

I tend to agree with Jimsr in post #9 above. I have an 84-year-old face with tough old man whiskers. I get the best results with a SE or injector with the head flat against my face, the one exception would be the Ever-Ready 1924 SE "shovelhead" razor, whose factory instructions specifically say to lower the handle a bit.

Top Bottom