What's new

Injector question

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I have used Personna Injector blades for many years and I think they are good blades. I remember using them as the Long's Drugs house branded platinum blades. I have always disliked the injector body itself because it can be fiddly. Long's no longer carries these, but they do have the Schick blades which I buy from them. Schick blades are a bit smoother and the injector housing is sound.
What he said :thumbup1:

...I have always disliked the injector body itself because it can be fiddly.

As if on cue, I had my first ever failure to inject with the EMS Personna blades. An easy fix, it just needed the pusher front tab adjusted, but now I totally believe you that they can be fiddly!

Injectors are a great starting place, IMO. I started with injector types before moving on to DE razors. If you are interested in acquiring an injector, I have one for sale in the marketplace section. It's not an adjustable, but honestly, you don't need an adjustable. The one I have up for grabs is a type J2 (fairly mild) Schick injector (stamped M25).

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Just wanted to update you. I got my injector and found the shaves to be EXCELLENT! I wish I found this razor before DE’s. I tend to get a far better shave from it than I do just about any DE as far as irritation goes , and it’s extremely intuitive to edge a sharp beard line with.
Welcome to the club!!! I'm sure I've said this more times than I can count, but if I were to have only one razor, it would be an injector. Comfort, closeness, ease of use....they can't be beat (at least IMO).

Just wanted to update you. I got my injector and found the shaves to be EXCELLENT! I wish I found this razor before DE’s. I tend to get a far better shave from it than I do just about any DE as far as irritation goes , and it’s extremely intuitive to edge a sharp beard line with.
Outstanding! Which injector model did you get?

Top Bottom