What's new

Injector for carry on - will it make it?

Anyone have experience with a injector in carry one luggage? Will it make it? I have a couple cheapies that I wouldn't cry if I lost, but i also have a fusion if I HAVE to. Thanks!

Any razor where the blade can be removed from the razor housing. "A safety razor has a two-sided blade that you can remove from the razor handle. This style of razor is more traditional than a disposable razor and often included in stylish shaving sets. Straight-edge razors, which are common in some men's barber shops, are also prohibited in your carry-on luggage because of their knife-like appearance."

I have never seen anyone say they successfully brought an injector through TSA. I have seen many people say they are not allowed. Although difficult, the blade is removable. More to the point, this is the TSA. If you give them the opportunity to make a decision, you will probably not like the results. It is always a bad idea to bring anything you don't want taken away in your carry-on. TL;DR: It would be a bad idea to risk it.

This makes me very very sad. I have not used a cartridge for anything in years. I carried my last DE on - no blade in it, and it went fine. Stupid. Anyway, I am not going to risk it. It would pain me to possible have it get tossed.

Not worth it. You would need to remove the blade and buy blades when you arrive. Not easy to find injector blades locally. Or you could ship blades to your Hotel.

Wish they still made Bic Metal disposable.

i could mail a DE to the hotel, but its one night so probably not worth it. I am driving to the first location then flying to the second. First location 3 days, second 1. I have 2 fusion carts that are 7 years old. Still look new as they are stored in a plastic drawer. It's been 7 years since i used a card :S This could suck.

Hate to say it but when I travel I carry a Bic Sensitive Single Blade. It is not a Gem MMCP, but it is not terrible.

I decided a few months ago to buy a travel electric razor and haven't looked back.

There was a few reasons... Cruise ships were one. Lousy water and having to share limited counter space with Mrs. Big John takes the fun out of shaving anyway. The electric is light weight and takes very little space, something I always shoot for with any luggage that I have to carry. It's also nice for an evening touch up. The only consumable are the two AA batteries.

Panasonic ES-RS10-S $20 on Amazon.

proxy.php

I had a 10 pack of gem blades taken away last month in lax that my wife mistakenly put in our carry on bag. Check-in luggage is the easiest solution, or just buy blades on the other end. We paid $30 for a suitcase to check in, but I'm not sure what they would charge to check in a small packet with razor blades.

i could mail a DE to the hotel, but its one night so probably not worth it. I am driving to the first location then flying to the second. First location 3 days, second 1. I have 2 fusion carts that are 7 years old. Still look new as they are stored in a plastic drawer. It's been 7 years since i used a card :S This could suck.
I travel a lot and never had an issue with a DE. I take it apart and most TSA workers haven’t a clue what it even is. Probably 100 flights and never an issue. I hit up a dollar general and pickup a pack of Dorco sand call it a day.

I travel a lot and never had an issue with a DE. I take it apart and most TSA workers haven’t a clue what it even is. Probably 100 flights and never an issue. I hit up a dollar general and pickup a pack of Dorco sand call it a day.

Well, yeah, safety razors themselves are specifically allowed by regulations as long as there are no sharp edges. I won't pretend I'm surprised that they don't know what a disassembled razor looks like. It would be fine assembled too. As long as there isn't a blade in them. You're not allowed to have a sharp edge unless it's encapsulated in a cartridge.

Top Bottom