What's new

Injector blades

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Let's hear it. I would like to know everyone's favorite injector blade. I'm due an injector blade purchase and would like to try something new. I'm mostly using them in Schick Injectors, but occasionally in a Christy razor.

What blade do you prefer and why?

I like the Chinese Schicks but still haven't tried the Prolines. Need to do that but I've got a pretty good sized stash of injector blades already.

Schick Proline. You'll need to load them into a regular injector cartridge. The Proline doesn't come with an injector key. But the blades are the best I've used.

Let's hear it. I would like to know everyone's favorite injector blade. I'm due an injector blade purchase and would like to try something new. I'm mostly using them in Schick Injectors, but occasionally in a Christy razor.

What blade do you prefer and why?
I've gotten good shaves using a snapped BIC Platinum DE with the ends trimmed to fit my Christy's. One fits OK with just the blade and I've made a thin plastic spacer to hold the other tight.
I have several Schicks/Eversharps, including one my Uncle carried during WWII. He was a combat Paramedic & the razor followed him (mostly on foot) from Normandy to Berlin. I've got Chicks for it, and some Personnas (best as paint scrapers). The densest, slickest shave soap makes a BIG difference in shave quality. Stirling Soaps work great, as does my Cremogena Blend.

Another vote for the Schick Proline B-20 injector blade. Simply awesome. I am also partial to NOS injector blades that are discontinued by the manufacturer. Schick make a chromium injector that is very good. And the platinum injectors are good too. I have NOS Personna blades, and while good, aren't as good as the Schick Chicks (mfg'd in China blades).

Chinese Schick's give me a better shave than the Ted Pella's or the Proline.

1574719711654.png

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I use Schick injector blades and they are smooth and sharp & started using Personna injector blades and they are sharp, they smooth out on 2nd or 3rd shave.
I also use the Schick twin II made in Japan and it is a good blade and lasts , Im on shave 25 installed in a L type stick schick and still has good life.

SChick bladess-l225 (2).jpg Personna injectorPersonna injector blades 2.png Twin IITwin blades (2).jpg
Twin blades work in L >O type Schick injectors and some fellows have put twin blades in other models below L type but that is not recommended.
wp13681ee8_06 (2).png B-20 blades I have tried but they are designed for shavettes and have a large edge radius and care has to be used when installed that they are seated on the blade stops properly.
B-20 blades (2).jpg
Here is a B-20 blade on top of a regular injector blade and the radius is to large- also is approx .005 of a inch shorter in length compounding seating issues. So what tends to happen is the blade seats closer to the safety guard front edge making it a little more aggressive.
B-20 blades work in other razors like a Enders speed shaver using a Enders blade carrier. I do not use B20 blades in my Schick injector razors because of seating issues I have noticed IMO.

Here is a Regular blade(Top) and a b-20 blade (Bottom )seated in my E2 razor.
Schick proline b-20 vs regular 2 (2).jpg

Schick proline b-20 vs regular1 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Thank you gents. A lot to unpack here. I bought some from Ted Pella because I wanted to try them. I'd been using the Schick Injectors previously and they are getting a lot if love. I may pick up more of them also. I didn't dislike the Schicks, just curious about what others are using. Thanks for all the replies!

I have had zero problems loading the Proline B-20 blades into any of my injectors and they seat perfectly. Of course, I am loading them into an empty "Chick" magazine first by hand which is not hard at all. That said, although I feel as if they may be a tad better than a "Chick" blade, it's not leaps & bounds better. YMMV.

Top Bottom