What's new

Injector blades from Ted Pella?

I'm trying to find injector blades for my Schick injector razor and a few threads have recommended Ted Pella at www.tedpella.com. But the only things I can find on their website are listed as:

Injector Style, Stainless Steel, PTFE-Coated Blades, Product 121-4.

So I sent an email to the website to ask if these injector blades fit the Schick Injector razor for regular shaving? This is what I got in reply from Kathy at Ted Pella, Inc.:

"We do not advertise these for personal usage. We do not know if they fit. Sorry.

Kathy
Ted Pella Inc"

So what gives? Are these the blades that folks are recommending for injectors, but the website that sells them does not?

TIA
ctakim

So what gives? Are these the blades that folks are recommending for injectors, but the website that sells them does not?

Yep, those are them. I'm guessing its a legal thing as its labelled as a "dissection" blade and they can't advocate it for anything other than what its specifically manufactured for (Vibratome sectioning) or its simply that Kathy is unaware of its other applications. I'm sure they'd say "not for personal use" about the feather blades they sell too :lol:

i've used the Pella injector blades and they fit injectors just fine; they come in a key which works just like the Schick/Personna containers. I kind of think the Pella blades are the Feathers of the injector blades; wicked sharp but relatively smooth. Can't beat the price either.

Is there a Roundys near you? If so I've discovered they actually stock new China made Schick Injector blades. Even thou they are from China these are good blades.

Thanks, for the feedback, I will try these blades in the old Schick injector that I just cleaned up. The no-name CVS Pharmacy injector blades I bought at the local drug store are a bit rough. Thanks for the feedback!:smile:

Is there a Roundys near you? If so I've discovered they actually stock new China made Schick Injector blades. Even thou they are from China these are good blades.

Books; I think you'll find that Roundys is pretty much just in Wisconsin and Minnesota.

ctakim; Actually, the Gem SE blades that Ted Pella sells say "For Industrial Use Only" right on the package . . . I guess I have an industrial strength face 'cause they work fine for me. :001_rolle

Regards,
Tom

The Pella blades are really good - the first shave can be harsh, but they smooth out nicely after that.

Also, can't beat the price.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
They are the only ones I have ever used and I agree with Chris' assessment of them. Overall, a very good blade.

The Pella blades are really good - the first shave can be harsh, but they smooth out nicely after that.

Also, can't beat the price.

Has anyone tried corking these blades and if so does it solve the initial roughness problem? How many shaves do you get out of these blades?

Hey, finally got these in and tried it in my Schick injector. Wow, these are sharp blades but gave a great shave. Much better than the CVS injector blades I first tried when I got the injector (hand me down from my father's closet).

These are highly recommended! Might have to try the single edge blades in a GEM razor, too.:001_smile

Top Bottom