What's new

Injector Blades. Buy loose and reload into dispenser or not?

Hello guys. Just getting into shaving with SE injector razors. Just Schick G types so far. I've seen references to reloading injector blades into an old metal dispenser rather than buying blades in a crappy plastic dispenser.... but I'm wondering what (if any) issues there are with reloading into the dispenser, other than the time it takes to do it. I just bought an Eversharp Schick G4 razor that came with an old, nicely made (Made in the U.S.A. by Schick.... probably back in the 1950's) and sturdy 20 blader injector razor dispenser. I can see how you could buy loose blades (possibly from Ted Pella site) and reload them into the dispenser and save some money over buying them already loaded in the dispenser.... but I'm wondering what to look for as far as dulling or damaging the blade during the reload process.

I'm sure I could figure this out on my own by trial and error.... but since I'm a member of a fabulous shaving forum, I thought I'd bring it up :biggrin1: .

What do you guys like to do?

Ben

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
What do you guys like to do?

Ben
I like to buy mine already fully loaded. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=schick+injector

any of those schick injector blades. I've gotten 4-5 shaves out of one blade.

personally I wouldn't reload them because 1. I'm lazy. 2. I'm afraid I'd cut myself. 3. not worth the hassle in my book.

but then again there could be no hassle as I've never tried it!

Maybe there is someone here that has and could answer your question more fully :thumbup1:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
It is pretty easy, just avoid dragging the cutting edge on anything on the metal dispenser as you do the re-load. But not sure Pella sells them loose anyway. I've used injectors since the 60's, but have never seen them sold as loose blades, save some of the schicks from the 30's.

While the plastic dispensers are fiddly, they may be less so than offloading their blades into another dispenser. I actually like the "chicks" with the metal dispensers that Jason cited better than the Pellas anyway, but have a pile of vintage injectors that will likely last me

Thanks guys. I picked up about 5 packs of the new Schick Injector blades just like Jason cited above. I get pretty good shaves with these.... I just wasn't sure if there was a better option. I thought I've seen them sold loose, but maybe I was dreaming that up.

Ben

Congrats on the G4, what an awesome razor!

Thanks. It is my favorite Eversharp Schick Injector razor. I've always leaned toward chrome, nickel, silver as opposed to gold..... and the dark blue handle is awesome. I shaved with it last night.

Ben

Well, as you are now asking the question here on the forum with all us geeks- just load them blades into a "proper vintage holder". No harm done as long as you stick with Garygs advice. It´s really easy.

Top Bottom