What's new

Injector blade in non-injector razor

Last night I was fooling around with some of my gear and noticed that the Personna injector blades (or cut down Feather AC) will fit in most of my GEM/Ever Ready SE razors. Gave the Personna a try this morning in the 1924. Not bad, not bad at all. Will try a cut down Feather AC tomorrow and report back. Any one else ever try this?

I use an injector blade in my Christy SE Razor and it works well...If you are using it in GEM/Ever Ready SE razors you must be using something as a back stop or it wouldn't work...It cant work without a back stop...I have thought about using them inGEM/Ever Ready SE razors but the angle will be a tad off even using a Gem blade as a back stop with front portion cut down to size to get the Injector blade to fit so I don't bother...I can guarantee you the angle will be out by a mile..:w00t:

Billy

Billy,

No back stop in the ER 1924 or Bullet Tip and no issues. The clamping feature of the 1924 seems to be enough to hold it in place in that one. The stud in the Bullet tip that is used to hold the standard blade seems to be getting a good enough bite on the the blade to hold it in place in that one.

Last edited:
Last night I was fooling around with some of my gear and noticed that the Personna injector blades (or cut down Feather AC) will fit in most of my GEM/Ever Ready SE razors. Gave the Personna a try this morning in the 1924. Not bad, not bad at all. Will try a cut down Feather AC tomorrow and report back. Any one else ever try this?

Any chance you can snap a pic, Jay?

Billy,

No back stop in the ER 1924 or Bullet Tip and no issues. The clamping feature of the 1924 seems to be enough to hold it in place in that one. The stud in the Bullet tip that is used to hold the standard blade seems to be getting a good enough bite on the the blade to hold it in place in that one.
Not in mine they wont..I have all these razors...It would just slip back when shaving and these SE are all healthy and have strong springs..:w00t:

Billy

Ok here are a few pics. With quite a bit of pressure I was able to slide the blade back in the 1924, but not in the BT or MMOC. I do think I was wrong though on the "not using a back stop". Both my BT and MMOC have tabs inside the top cap that appear to be holding the blade from sliding back into the head.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448930608.160043.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448930616.696020.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448930628.751813.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448930638.606383.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448930648.361797.jpg

I tried a Chick blade today in my OCMM and used it to shave the back of my neck. It worked well. I didn't have any bow in the blade even though it did sit atop the center locator.

I tried a Chick blade today in my OCMM and used it to shave the back of my neck. It worked well. I didn't have any bow in the blade even though it did sit atop the center locator.

Just got some Chicks in yesterday. Gonna give one of them a try tomorrow.

Tomorrow I may try it on my face to see how it does. I am thinking if there is any difference it may be slightly less aggressive due to the changed blade angle.

I tried using a persona injector blade in my Ever Ready 1912. Gave very good results WTG and XTG, but the blade did slip back ATG:001_unsur I do believe the geometry was completely changed, but still useable up to a point.

I tried using a persona injector blade in my Ever Ready 1912. Gave very good results WTG and XTG, but the blade did slip back ATG:001_unsur I do believe the geometry was completely changed, but still useable up to a point.

Kevin,

I found that the injector blades can slip out of place in the non-micromatic models. It seems that the micromatics have an extra tab in the top cap that holds the blade in place.

Top Bottom