What's new

Injector Advice

So I've been lurking here for a few weeks, honing my skills with a DE. Today it went nearly perfectly with some CO Bigelow mixed with Col Conk. soap and a personna blade.

Anyhoo, now that I've gotten to where I can get through a close shave without setting my face afire, I decided to try out an injector to see what kind of damage I can do. I scored a PAL adjustable on ebay last night, and ordered some Schick blades from amazon today (I also had to throw in a tub of TOBS rose to get the super saver shipping--what else could I do?).

Any pointers on alteration of technique to use the injector properly?

Also, I've read about the featherjector deal. It seems pretty simple, but in my mind it seems like clipping the blade would lead to a jagged corner liable to slice one's face. Is that a problem?

Be careful loading the blade. luvmysuper posted a warning about it here. Apparently, if you aren't careful you can slide the cutting edge of the blade along one of the stops, dulling it and producing a terrible shave.

It's a shallower cutting angle than with a DE. If you start with the head flat against your face and then gradually increase it until it's just cutting hair, you'll be okay.

Light touch. It's a light razor, so you could apply too much pressure without thinking about it.

For the record, I've only used Schick non-adjustables, so hopefully someone else will chime in on any unique qualities of Pal adjustables.

Never tried trimming the Feather blades myself, so someone else will have to answer that, but the Schick blades you've ordered are very good.

Just out of curiosity, was this the one you got? I was watching that and some others trying to get an idea of what they go for.

It's a shallower cutting angle than with a DE. If you start with the head flat against your face and then gradually increase it until it's just cutting hair, you'll be okay.

Light touch. It's a light razor, so you could apply too much pressure without thinking about it.

For the record, I've only used Schick non-adjustables, so hopefully someone else will chime in on any unique qualities of Pal adjustables.

Never tried trimming the Feather blades myself, so someone else will have to answer that, but the Schick blades you've ordered are very good.

Just out of curiosity, was this the one you got? I was watching that and some others trying to get an idea of what they go for.

That's the one. I have no idea if I paid a good price or not.

Top Bottom