What's new

INJECTOR! (a few questions before I tear myself to shreds)

So.... I acquired a nice little injector from asylumguido recently. he was kind enough to include a NOS pack of schick blades, so it looks like I'm probably ready for shaving.

I know what I'm doing with my DE razors without an issue, but this is a different beast. Given the hell I've put myself through with GEMs in the past, I was hoping to avoid a bit of bloodshed. :)

1: are NOS blades okay for injectors?
2: I saw new schick blades on amazon for about 5 dollars / 7 blades. ted pella carries 20 for 4.50. What's best here? Are pella blades good? because that pricing is much more in line with DE blades, in my book. :)
3: Anything I need to know about technique before I start?

Thanks in advance!!

I like the Ted Pella blades and the ones CVS has aren't bad. The injector blades seem to last longer than DE blades.

The injector is not an overly aggressive razor. Just keep in mind light to zero pressure along with enough angle to have the safety bar make contact with your face and you'll get the hang of it quickly with good results.

Good luck!

I can't wait to hear now it goes. Oh, and by the way, there was recently a thread about NOS Schick Injector blades on SMF and it was mentioned by someone that the post carbon steel ones are preferable to anything made today, including Pellas. The ones I sent you should be more than fine, they should be ideal.

I can't wait to hear now it goes. Oh, and by the way, there was recently a thread about NOS Schick Injector blades on SMF and it was mentioned by someone that the post carbon steel ones are preferable to anything made today, including Pellas. The ones I sent you should be more than fine, they should be ideal.

Awesome thank you. :)

I'll go look for that post.

EDIT: Well then never mind. SMF's registration seems to be b0rked, so I'll take your word for it (unless you wouldn't mind linking the post)

Thanks!!!

Endcycle, I've been using my injectors alot lately. Definitely go for NOS Made in USA Schick blades if you can find them. They're #1 in my book and not that hard to find. I hear good reports from Made in China blades but they're not available to me locally. I think Ted Pellas are just behind NOS with CVS blades coming in last. They give an acceptable shave but the others are better for me.
Good shaving!
Ray

The Schick Injector blades made in China are very good. I can't compare them to Ted Pella Blades as I haven't tried any yet.

I'm also partial to the made in China blades as I can pick them up 4 blocks from my house.

I love my injector, they are very easy to use and give great shaves.

Awesome thank you. :)

I'll go look for that post.

EDIT: Well then never mind. SMF's registration seems to be b0rked, so I'll take your word for it (unless you wouldn't mind linking the post)

Thanks!!!

No need to link it now. Or them, to be precise. There is more than one thread confirming the preference for Schick NOS injector blades. Sando is the man with the Schick NOS expertise!

I have a couple - they were what got me into Wet Shaving.

Be careful - while trying to 'hurry up and shave' I actually took a nice chunk out of a finger - including the nail - with one (totally my fault and not anything due to the razor or blade).

That ain't no DE blade in there.

I've been considering revisiting these lately.

The Shick Injector has always been one of my favorite shaving implements and remain an important part of my kit. Simple, well-designed, light and nimble. Nothing shaves better around the mouth and upper lip area or in hard-to-reach places. Easy to change the direction of your shaving strokes. I just use generic blades from Rite-Aid and they do seem to last a long time. The correct angle is set by the slope of the shaving head, you can lift it a bit for comfort. They are one of the easiest razors to use.

I just started using my L-type Schick injector as my travel razor. My first shaves with this were using no-name CVS blades and I did not like them at all. Then I tried the Ted Pella blades and found them to be much much better.:001_smile

I have not tried NOS Schick blades, but I'd be happy to if some one can point out a reasonably priced source!

I have not tried NOS Schick blades, but I'd be happy to if some one can point out a reasonably priced source!
I've found NOS blades on the bay and from some members of another forum. A wtb on the bst forum may prove successful. They are good no doubt but in truth Pellas are almost as good.

...Ray

Well I gave the injector a shot this morning, using NOS blades -and I gotta say, I'm disappointed. Worked OKAY. Not nearly as sharp as feathers, and you can feel it drag when it hits hair.

Of course, it mighta been angle or some other similar issue - I'll be trying again soon. :)

My injector always gives great shaves with the Schick blades from Walgreen's. Zero irritation and nearly always a BBS. Unfortunately my son absconded with my injector and went back to college so I might no see it again until spring.

Top Bottom