What's new

Initial thoughts on some top-tier razors

I have the Karve F OC and SB plates. The OC is smoother and the SB is milder. Full disclosure, the only SB I’ve kept is my Charcoal Goods. I haven’t decided if I’m going to try to trade my F SB plate for a D or E OC, or just sell it. I have the same opinion with the Blackbird. The OC is smoother, but is also more aggressive than the SB. The SB is probably a better candidate for daily shaving. It’s still more efficient than most razors though.

I have the Karve F OC and SB plates. The OC is smoother and the SB is milder. Full disclosure, the only SB I’ve kept is my Charcoal Goods. I haven’t decided if I’m going to try to trade my F SB plate for a D or E OC, or just sell it. I have the same opinion with the Blackbird. The OC is smoother, but is also more aggressive than the SB. The SB is probably a better candidate for daily shaving. It’s still more efficient than most razors though.
I have Karve SB F plate and OC E plate. I find that OC E plate provides me with closer shaves than SB F plate. Noe I need to try OC F plate.

I've been growing more comfortable with the Blackbird OC and no longer jab myself with that sawtooth comb. I still need to take my time with my shaves, but it's not unpleasant. Best of all, this razor keeps producing the closest shaves of all my razors. So it's not a speedy razor for me like my Karve, but the end results are flat out amazing. I shave at night (when I have more time) right out of the shower, so I demand BBS because I need my face to not be scruffy when I wake up. With the Blackbird you would think I just shaved after waking up.

The ATT is still an easy razor to use, I just haven't found the right blade for it yet. The Astra that I used has been giving me a lot of weepers lately. I have a feeling that once I a) get the right handle, and b) discover the perfect blade combo, this will be a super daily shaver

I still have not had a less-than-great experience with my Timeless .95. My shorter handle will arrive tomorrow and I'm expecting greatness.

Hola McNutt

¿Podría mostrar fotos de cómo se ha desarrollado la pátina en su mirlo de latón? Y en su opinión, en el caso del mirlo, ¿recomienda su compra en acero inoxidable o latón? Ya que me encanta la pátina en el latón, pero he visto algunas fotos que muestran marcas de agua muy sucias o no muy bonitas. Me gustaría ver cómo ha evolucionado tu mirlo de latón. Muchas gracias y saludos

Top Bottom