What's new

Ingrown hair on throat. What did help for u? How did u got ride of that?

Someone here which have had a problem with ingrown hair in throat, day after. What did help?

A razor? A blade? A aftershave? What?

I used to get a lot of ingrowns on my neck and throat back when I used a cart (Mach 3) and canned goo (Edge Gel) . They mostly stopped when I changed to a razor with a single blade and puck of soap. I do occasionally get one still mostly if I start chasing BBS. I actually have more issues on the back of my neck than the front, most of that went away when I stopped doing an ATG pass on the head shave.

I used to get a lot of ingrowns on my neck and throat back when I used a cart (Mach 3) and canned goo (Edge Gel) . They mostly stopped when I changed to a razor with a single blade and puck of soap. I do occasionally get one still mostly if I start chasing BBS. I actually have more issues on the back of my neck than the front, most of that went away when I stopped doing an ATG pass on the head shave.
Ok! What do u mean by single blade? Sorry, but i am a quite beginner to this haha. Single blade is not the same as DE blades?

Ok! What do u mean by single blade? Sorry, but i am a quite beginner to this haha. Single blade is not the same as DE blades?
I just mean a razor with only one blade per side. Could be DE, Gem style SE, or Injector.

When I get an ingrown hair I let it run its course. I may scrape an opening after two or three days. I have made a small blemish into a bad blemish by messing with it. I get them vary rarely now . Shaving everyday trying BBS caused most if them. Pre shave prep and cautious shave fallowed by aftershave product helped .

If I get an ingrown hair I can bet my bottom dollar it will be on the left side of my throat -
I tend to pluck them out with tweezers or tease them out with a needle and then pluck them.
Unfortunately I'm most likely to get an ingrown if I do 3 passes - WTG, XTG, ATG
If I make do with 2 passes - WTG, ATG, it's only once in a blue moon that I get an ingrown

One very good reason why a BBS shave is very over rated !!

I used to have a problem with my neck area when I started. The steps I took were as follows:

1. Map the direction of your hair growth, mine grows sideways, so the with the grain, and against the grain are different directions from my face. If you google beard map, there are printouts to help you.
2. when shaving the neck, try different techniques, pull the cheek up, bullfrog, lift your chin so you can hardly see. And most important, stretch the skin as much as you can, and try to create a flat surface.
3. I only do 2 passes of with the grain, No X the grain, or against.
4. Very, Very gently, No pressure. Think of tickling with a feather, the razor almost floats across your skin

I hope this helps somewhat. Also Shower and wash facial area beforehand, the most important part of any shave.

I use Aqua Velva Aftershave Balm you can find it at amazon. And to treat the ingrown hair I put neosporin on it 2-3 times a day. It really helps with the inflammation.

Ingrowns tend to be caused by cutting the hair so short it's under the skin. Shaving against the grain tends to be the most common cause. Mostly, you just have to keep trying things until you find what works. That includes both products and techniques, but try to change only one thing at a time.

Top Bottom