What's new

Ingredients

Has anyone used a soap with an ingredient list like this, it's homemade and locally made, just wondering if people have had success with similar soaps $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388976137.833008.jpg

Well it was only 5 bucks, if anything it was just a pain to grate down, but no real chance for a solid shave

It actually looks somewhat similar to the ingredients listed for Calani shaving soap, which has a bit of a following here:

Ingredients: stearic acid, water, olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil, almond oil, shea butter, castor oil, perfume, Essential cypress oil, silk protein, kaolin, xanthan gum, dye

http://www.calani-seifenmanufaktur....DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62164854/Products/IS-RS

I've never used Calani, and was also wondering about the high amount of olive oil in it. Perhaps it depends on the other ingredients used. Some guys really love the stuff.

Maybe that locally made soap will be ok. It's worth trying, I guess.

Nick

Well it seems like it's just hand soap after a couple test lathers, now does anyone know and easy way to get soap out of an old spice mug

It looks like this soap has the problem of many home made soaps: latherability. The bentonite clay is a very good ingredient for shaving though, because it improves the glide.

Given the oils on the ingredients list, I think this soap would be great for the shower. Provided that your skin does not object to the essential oils.

Top Bottom